Okay sponsors, who’s got what I need?

lil charlie

Registered
While I have my K8 apart I would like to change out my sprockets. I don’t know much about it and want to keep my stock chain. I don’t take my bike to the track, just looking for a little more punch. After reading some threads it looks like +2 in the rear and -1 in the front is a good combo but I really have no idea. Whatca got for me and how does this affect my torque and top speed? I don’t go to the track but got some roads I pound it on and don’t want to limit my top speed too much.

the -1/+2 will kill your top speed (a bit), cause you to burn more gas, require you get a speedo-healer...these are the big ones...

try out just going -1 in the front. you wont need to change anything else, and you will notice a bit more kick in the pants. (and its cheap as hell to do)

I didnt even thinking about going just -1 on the front... its like 20 bucks for a new sprocket too...

It doesnt changes speeds at all on the speedo?

I would rather to up 2 or 3 teeth on the rear and keep stock size on the front. It is easier and less strain on your chain. You will still be able to use factory length chain aswell. My Gen 1 I went with 18 on front and going with 45 on the rear this season plus will be adding my speedohealer at same time.
Posted via Mobile Device

@wolfman, i didnt realize you could do 2 or 3 teeth in the rear, but that makes sense (/1 in the front is the same as 3 in the back...).

as far as the speedo-healer, check out motomummy, ive heard good things about them.

I did exactly that, -1 on front +2 on rear. Gears were way to short for me. I changed it back to stock in front +2 on rear...what a perfect ride now for tight corners in second gear. It was a wise choice.
Posted via Mobile Device

I do plan on drag racing quite a bit and I haven't tested my gearing with my new longer wheel base, but I'm hoping my stock front and +3 rear work out.

Kevin, 1 tooth change in the front is about equal to 2.75 teeth change in the rear.

I would recommend a EK ZZZ for the chain if you plan on swapping that too

I do plan on drag racing quite a bit and I haven't tested my gearing with my new longer wheel base, but I'm hoping my stock front and +3 rear work out.

Kevin, 1 tooth change in the front is about equal to 2.75 teeth change in the rear.

I would recommend a EK ZZZ for the chain if you plan on swapping that too

would I need to swap my chain if I go +3 in the rear or maybe +2? what kind of sprokets do you have? I want a spedo healer too. If possible I want a gold sproket.

would I need to swap my chain if I go +3 in the rear or maybe +2? what kind of sprokets do you have? I want a spedo healer too. If possible I want a gold sproket.

+3 works fine with the stock chain(plenty of slack for adjustment), and the bike "feels" as if it has alot more torque. It will wheelie even easier.
The -1 front I really dislike(but that's just me) the bike will noticeably feel as if it's lost torque, and will feel as if it revs out quicker than the +3.
Even though -1 front and +3 rear have similiar final drive ratios, they feel very different when you ride the bike. I've run countless gearing combos on many sport and dirtbikes over the years, and I can promise you that this statement holds true.
I'de go with the +3, and buy a -1 to expirament with(as said, fronts are cheap) Either or both will fit the stock chain and still have plenty of slack.
A properly adjusted and maintained chain will also not suffer from the gearing changes. Try it just -1, just +3, and -1 and +3, you'll be suprised at the difference and find out real quick which you prefer.
You probably will have to remove the axle and slide the wheel forward to get the chain around the +3 too, even though there is plenty of adjustment slack, there's not quite enough slack to get it over the sprocket with the wheel mounted sometimes(some chains are stretched slightly more than others).

A gold sprocket would be Supersprox, a great brand. Talk to Pashnit, as he sells them as well as SpeedoHealers.

Thanks for the help, thinking Im going to get +3 on the rear and a speedo healer.

Buy Now: SpeedoHealer V4.0 Speedo Healer Speedometer Calibrator Correction | Pashnit Moto

Want it sent out tomorrow?

45T Rear is in stock, 46T is out of stock as of today. Can check restock date if you are interested.

spx-1792_42-400.jpg

spx-1792_42-400.jpg

Go with stock front and +3 in the rear. 18/46 :thumbsup:
Posted via Mobile Device

Back