Ok picked up the harley today.

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
Well, as some of you know part of my new position as Art Director has some additional responsibilities, one of which is breaking in the rental bikes, before they go out for the first time Harley says they have to have 500 miles put on them by employees.

Anyhoo I picked it up tonight with about 2 miles on it. Gotta tell ya it's a hell of a lot differen't than riding the Busa. What surprised me though was the amount of bottom end grunt, the smooth plush ride, and the wierd as it sounds, nimbleness! I can turn this thing a whole lot tighter than you can the Busa. It's not flickable, but I understand how the police on the big dressers can weave their way through the courses. Low Center of gravity at work here.

Anyhoo, I am heading up to my old shop tomorrow to pick up some new gear. Yeah MORE Gear! Simply put, I feel goofy out there in my Alpinestar leathers and Bright Arai... I am prolly going to pick up a more cruisery Helmet and leather... Never thought I'd care, but I really did feel plain silly...

Anyhoo, here's the Pics.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139644224 -->

smlHDHeritageClassicNLilah33.jpg

Last one, I'll try to get some better pics tomorrow.
thumbs-up.gif

So Far I put about 6 miles on her, Yeah I took the long way home
laugh.gif
. Well Hell, the direct route is only 1.4 miles, wont get much breaking in done that way.
wink.gif

smlHDHeritageClassicNLilah08.jpg

You my friend are a very lucky man. Just think what the neighbors and people in the neighborhood will think. Different bike every few weeks
rock.gif
What's he doing on the side.
laugh.gif

Cool bike btw. I hope you get a Duece, or V-Rod next.
Duce is spoken for, But I will be getting a street rod and a Night Rod. Then Maybe an Electra-Glide...

All the bikes come equiped with the H.D. Screaming Eagle Stage one Kit, Exhaust system and a Power commander. So the neighbors heard me arrive this evening, and I gotta say I felt kinda like a jerk, the pipes are LOUD! But it sounds "Right" I suppose.

I think this is going to be a lot of fun, not Adrenal Pumping Holy Shid Fun, but Cruising around laid back fun.

OH and it's a Heritage Soft Tail Classic...

My first HD was a Heritage Softail. They do ride/handle pretty sweet for a cruiser
cool.gif

The passenger seat is how I got my Electra-Glide...we took an overnight trip, and the wife wasn't too thrilled.
laugh.gif
I wanted the Glide first anyway.
wink.gif

Welcome to the dark side Rev
tounge.gif
Still not as fun as a Busa though...

One more, jut looky a all the shiny bits... And at the Harley Dealership they have about 50 more pieces of chrome to add...
laugh.gif

smlHDHeritageClassicNLilah16.jpg

So Far, I like the ride, the seat, and the smoothness alot. Hell 750lbs on the road... It better be smooth.
laugh.gif

I don't like the weird up High Bars, the hard to find Floor boards, and the odd Turnsignals though. I mean what's wrong with both signals on one grip? I know BMW does this too and it's kinda bizzare.

Oh almost forgot, the horn is pretty cool... Sounds like it means it.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139640279 -->

My first HD was a Heritage Softail. They do ride/handle pretty sweet for a cruiser
cool.gif

The passenger seat is how I got my Electra-Glide...we took an overnight trip, and the wife wasn't too thrilled.
laugh.gif
I wanted the Glide first anyway.
wink.gif

Welcome to the dark side Rev
tounge.gif
Still not as fun as a Busa though...
I'll tell ya though, the mass of these things is a bit intimidating size wise... I was a little wobbly out there initially.

Thanks for the Welcome, we'll see if it sticks, but I think I can see the appeal.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139640628 -->

New leathers does that mean new chaps as well?(j/k)
tounge.gif

The bike is sweet. I have always wanted a cruiser as well but HD is a little to pricey for me, who knows maybe down the road.

Enjoy the bike.

rock.gif
Umm... I dunno... Pretty Sure it's 88 Cubic Inches, 85 Ftlbs of torque. Maybe a bit more with the exhaust on there...

New leathers does that mean new chaps as well?(j/k)
tounge.gif

The bike is sweet. I have always wanted a cruiser as well but HD is a little to pricey for me, who knows maybe down the road.

Enjoy the bike.
Well really all you need to do is get a job at a Harley Dealership that handles a lot of rental business. Then just speak up.
smile.gif
Seemed to work for me...

Oh and Hell Yeah I'll be rocking some Chaps.... AND a leather Man THong!!!!.....

smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139642865 -->

smile.gif

The engine is 88 cubic inches ( 1450cc) the front end rake is 26 degtrees which explains the good turning radius. You can do figure 8's in two parking spaces once you learn to master the rear brake. Wait till you get on the Electra Glide... You'll be late for work 'cause you won't wanna get off of it. Especially if there's a good tune playing on the radio! They're not fast but they are torque monsters. heh heh heh ... welcome to the dark side young screamwalker
laugh.gif

Revlis, got some nice leather chaps for ya real cheap if you need some...lol...seriously....gave up cruisers 2 years ago...and the chaps dont really do it for me on the busa. Nice bike....your gonna have a lot of fun on it Im sure...be safe.
smile.gif

I myself occassionaly go back to the cruisers. the Harley's are a great ride these days. they are nibble at slower speeds and when you drag the boards/pegs thru a turn they keep on track. there are days for riding the Busa and days for riding a cruiser. my personal choice these days in the VTX1800.
I agree that a new set of riding gear is mandatory. The first time I went out in sports gear I took a lot of ribbing, now I have two sets of riding gear... one for the Busa and one for the cruiser...

Back