ok guys and gals

Jester0769

Hayabusa Master
Donating Member
Registered
any body got the expretiese to help me out in wiring a bypass switch to run the cooling fan all the time when the switch is turned on?

My baby is runnin way to hot in traffic and I want to make her cooler under the colar but I need some wiring help.

anything would be good as always,

thanx,
Josh

the two wire off the radiator sensor.
but you need to make sure you don't have a problem first. by putting a bandaid on a major problem you will bleed all over yourself

Yes, what is way to hot?? Is your fan coming on, it should if you are way to hot?? Do you have enough fluid?? Is your fan turning?? Somtimes wire pulls out. Test the fan by taking a paper clip across the sensor conection + & - if the fan does not go on you have a problem. Oh fan side of the conection not the radiator side.

ok, hears the problem. I have the full HMF Ti exhaust, I can hear the fan coming on and its still goin into the red just cruzing around the parkin lot. The coolant is full and new, just filled it this winter, plus it has a new hose on the lower side also.

what more should I check out?

HELP, Spring is coming and I want to get this fixed ASAP

Hi Jester..make sure that no air is still trapped in there after the coolant change...
after a ride and the engine is cold..pull the radiator cap....if it's low on coolant--add some and problem should be solved..hope so..PaceM
rock.gif

Get a alum. fan , the plastic one flexes to much when it gets heated

I would put my money on a air lock When the sensor is out of the fluid(in the air space)it gets a lower reading and shuts off the fan. Check all you conections and the sensor it self before you go making changes. Think simple first.

One thing you can do is; once the bike is warmed up, remove the radiator cap to allow any trapped air to escape. Take it for a spin and see if that did it. I had that problem once and learned from a mechanic that air was the problem.

Josh, did u fix er yet? My gauge was all over the place until I changed the sensor switch. - my 2 cents - Kent

Back