Hotwire A 99-07 Hayabusa.

Meta title: Wire diagram

Phillip

Registered
After countless hours and hours of searching through forums and videos trying to find a good post or description of someone hot wiring their bike I decided to elaborate on how to accomplish hot wiring.

The reason I needed to hot wire the bike in the first place is I bought the bike wrecked the whole front end was destroyed the ignition wires were cut flush with the ignition and the seller told me that the bike ran but he did not have any way of proving it. The new ignition was expected to arrive at my house in about 2 weeks and honestly I am a very impatient guy so I just had to know for sure whether it would start or not.

Please do not use this knowledge to steal someone else's bike. For one it's not cool and really think about what you are doing. Would you want someone to steal your bike expensive or not ?

I'll try to make this as simple as I can. This is on my 2005 Hayabusa.

Parts needed:
1) Wire strippers
2) 100 ohm resistor http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337943218&icep_item=172712797120
3) Wire cutters

1560594-b4db8ae6770717cdcd17008ca3697e5f.jpg
(First picture) These wires coming out of that green connector are suppose to go into the ignition switch (where the key goes). You will want to cut back the black shielding, separate the wires, and (preferably with wire strippers) strip each of the wires back about a 1/4 of an inch. I did not have wire strippers on hand at the time so it looks like garbage.

1560597-69d2252ceff0ddd7aa734834d4241217.jpg
(second picture) twist together all of the wires excluding the only black wire (ground), orange wire (power), and orange/YELLOW (THREE WIRES) the yellow is a little faint. Do not touch the orange (thicker) wire and black together. If you accidentally do don't panic just go get you another 30amp fuse and install it where the starter solenoid is. I do not have a picture of it but it is under the seat on the left hand side and it has a red connector going to it. Under that red connector is a green 30 amp fuse. Attach the 100 ohm resistor to your ORANGE / YELLOW wire.

1560598-ae2c20560bac53f284ba1160e424ad88.jpg
(third picture) Next what you will want to do is attach the black wire and resistor to ground somewhere. I placed mine under the fairing mount because it was temporary just to start it. Finally touch your thick orange wire to the rest of the twisted wires and if your selector is in the run (meaning the kill switch on the hand handle bar) position you should hear the fuel pump engage and cluster come on. Now you should be able to hit the start button and if the bike is working properly then it will start. NOTE: If the black ground wire comes off its ground it will turn the bike off and you will have to reattach it to ground.

1560598-ae2c20560bac53f284ba1160e424ad88.jpg
For the select few people that wish to have a keyless starting system crimp the wires to a more secure location (meaning the ground and resistor). Get a on / off toggle switch one end goes to the twisted wires and the other end connects to the thick orange wire. Hit the toggle switch into the ON position make sure your kill switch selector is on the ON position and hit the start button.

If anyone wants to put their 2 cents in or give some good information be my guest. From how many views these guys are getting on youtube and stuff obviously some people need this information. I know this is a Hayabusa forum but this same process works with the 1995 Kawasaki ZX7R.

Anyway, I hope yall enjoy =)

20170509_104153.jpg

20170509_104647.jpg

20170509_105102.jpg

Last edited:
It's guys like you that worry me 6-pack lol! Just seems like a bad thing to have right here in the open on the org. I would be really pissed if my girl got stolen and the jerks said "we saw how to do it on Hayabusa.org!
In a way I understand where you are coming from but on the other hand if someone wants to steal your bike my post isn't going to provoke them to do so.

Also, what about the good people out there that actually might need this useful bit of information whether it be for troubleshooting or they lost the key. What ever the case may be it is good information and can help the people that need it.

I saw this publicly and had to make a profile to reply. Thanks phillip!, i also searched and couldnt find any diagrams that matched my wire colors or number of wires for that matter to help me to get it started . I just wound up with an 05 hayabusa from a auction that was stolen prior and the person had cut the plug out and stripped all the wires to steal the bike but was unsuccesful i believe, they Also tore up the key tumbler. It turns with whatever fits in it and makes power to pump and gauges and everywhere on harness, but doesnt crank. Im unsure what could be wrong other than the resistor in the tumbler isnt connected anymore? , idk. I will goto radio shack and try the 100 ohm resistor tomorrow and hopefully it will start.

Different ways of looking at this one . . . hmmm...
1) if, and I mean IF, the situation arises where you lose your key whilst out and about on your bike (very very unlikely, but NOT impossible) I don't know anyone that carries a 100 ohm resistor around with them, therefore a spare key carried would resolve this issue (thank God),
2) but if your bike is at home and the key goes missing, wouldn't you have a spare key stashed at your place?
What I'm saying is ain't it a bit drastic and brutal to cut wires and get it running using this method?
3) I guess it's a method really only suitable for your situation Ricky booby (love that name) where you purchased the bike with ign. wires already cut and you fall into this category, key switch is useless, drastic action is necessary!

Ha Ha!! You guys are funny. Most thives don't hotwire motorcycles. I ride an 06 Busa but used to work for a custom bike builder and when someone stole one of his bikes or stole a bike from the local bars they did it with either a truck or van and 4 or 5 guys and pull up jump grab the bike and their gone. I think that the post is good info for someone needing to get their bike on the road and don't have the time or money to wait for a key. It sucks when you can't ride when you want to. But what do I know I'm just a girl. LOL. peace out. FTW.

Good to have back up in the way of people you can call for fast help in case of breakdown or minor crash etc. . No fun to be stuck on the side of the road waiting , especially if you have damaged yourself and riding gear . And I guess , if you lose your bikes key somehow , this will get you home independent of any help . Please don't be mad MzDixie , I can only speak for myself , I see your point , but I am naturally just overly protective of my Busa .
Love to see pics of your ride if you get time . Stay safe .
Toad

Good to have back up in the way of people you can call for fast help in case of breakdown or minor crash etc. . No fun to be stuck on the side of the road waiting , especially if you have damaged yourself and riding gear . And I guess , if you lose your bikes key somehow , this will get you home independent of any help . Please don't be mad MzDixie , I can only speak for myself , I see your point , but I am naturally just overly protective of my Busa .
Love to see pics of your ride if you get time . Stay safe .
Toad
Ya I hear you there. Dam thieves suck but that's one reason I live in Az. First reason is it's riding season all year around a second reason is you can strap everywhere you go and they try to get my baby and they'll be staring down the barrel of my s&w 9 mm and that's if their lucky if my other half gets them first. Well let's just say it will be the last bike they ever see again. LOL goodnight and lock up your bikes cause tomorrow is another beautiful day to ride.

Gosh it's a funny ol' world we live in . . here's mzDixie ready to shoot first, ask questions later, yet over here in NZ we just laugh as they take our bikes, KNOWING that they'll most likely get killed by the bike they just stole lmao.
Years ago I came home from work to find my front door wide open (very bad sign) and my garage door open.
Yup, they'd taken everything in my house they could, and they took my GSXR711 (750 chassis, particularly NASTY 1100 engine).
A few hours later a friend arrived and said he saw my bike parked in a street a few miles away in a strange position.
I went and retrieved it, crashed and blood all over it.
A woman came out from a nearby house and told me two very aggressive natives
1*p8rzwAATe5J4IowQBMyBpA.jpg
(our local Maori tribesmen, these one's were primitive and extremely dishonest) were picking themselves up and she asked if she could help at all, the answer was F**K OFF! Nice.
It was cosmetic damage mainly, they had crashed into a bridge over the river and slid along the road.
They were picked up by another accomplice in a car that was loaded with all my stuff from the burglary.
So yeah, I laughed about that one. No need to shoot 'em, my bike hurt them real good.
I gave my bike some love (new oil and filter, new fairings, and levers, new mirrors and blinkers) for being so good.

Justice served. :thumbsup:

Ya they can still steel from someone though. A guy in a local club was steeling from his brothers. Not blood, brotherhood gangmembers well they took him out to the desert and he thaught they was gonna shoot him dead but they didn't they plaid it like old school and shot his left hand off with a shotgun. Thief's don't learn from wrecking a bike they just learn to ride better. Out here anyway but this is the wild wild West.

Back