Oil light flickers on at higher speeds

04Busabill

Registered
2004 busa fresh oil and is full yesterday all of a sudden the oil light started to flicker on when I was on the throttle hard I back off the throttle and light would flicker off did anyone ever have this problem or know what will cause this?

2004 busa fresh oil and is full yesterday all of a sudden the oil light started to flicker on when I was on the throttle hard I back off the throttle and light would flicker off did anyone ever have this problem or know what will cause this?
Repeated high speeds, redlining and wheelies would cause this on my old 1000 gsxr. Think g-force, and the way the oil would move to the back of the motor when hammering it for long periods of time. Just means we have to take more care of the bike depending on how often we thrash it. At least that's the advice I got from my mechanic. I didn't listen, blew the motor, binned the bike. Now I have a busa.

Repeated high speeds, redlining and wheelies would cause this on my old 1000 gsxr. Think g-force, and the way the oil would move to the back of the motor when hammering it for long periods of time. Just means we have to take more care of the bike depending on how often we thrash it. At least that's the advice I got from my mechanic. I didn't listen, blew the motor, binned the bike. Now I have a busa.

FZR1000 would do the same...but it only held 2.9ltrs to start with.

Are u absolutely sure it is still full? Check the quantity first, then the weight, then maybe look for a loose ground or connection.
Troy

Back