Oil Light Flickered!

flyboy

Registered
Took my new 2004 out for the first time today and after riding around for an hour I got on the highway and noticed my oil light flicker. It came on two or three times and it stayed on for a couple of seconds and than it was gone. I stop to check my oil level and it was fine. Did not get the light again. Any one had this problem?
wow.gif

<!--EDIT|flyboy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1077136799 -->

What's your idle set at? After having my heads done, my motor guy strongly suggested that I make sure my idle is at about 1200-1500rpm. Although its seems kinda high for a stocker I would suggest
umnik.gif
keeping it at about 1200rpm. Anything around or under a 1000 r's drops the oil pressure to about 20psi which is bad bad bad for your top end. You need at least 30psi and up to be safe. If it just flickered it's probably not a issue. If you see it on steady, kill the beast and let er' coast in. Also do you remember when it flickered (how many rpm's)

What's your idle set at? After having my heads done, my motor guy strongly suggested that I make sure my idle is at about 1200-1500rpm. Although its seems kinda high for a stocker I would suggest  
umnik.gif
  keeping it at about 1200rpm. Anything around or under a 1000 r's drops the oil pressure to about 20psi which is bad bad bad for your top end. You need at least 30psi and up to be safe. If it just flickered it's probably not a issue. If you see it on steady, kill the beast and let er' coast in. Also do you remember when it flickered (how many rpm's)
That is correct Busa will feel better at around those idles 1500 is good. watch if you use a TRE of any kind the idle will go up in neutral with the clutch in, to about 2,000.

umnik.gif
That is correct Busa will feel better at around those idles 1500 is good.  watch if you use a TRE of any kind the idle will go up in neutral with the clutch in, to about 2,000.
NE I could be wrong, but I think the idle drops with the clutch in. Thats when the oil press. light usually comes on.

Back