Oil leaking from stator cover.

cougarmandan

Registered
I have a buddy with an '04 Busa. I pickup truck pulled out in front of him at 40 MPH. Anyways, he layed it over and hit the truck just under the front bumper. We are tring to get it mechanicly sound while the fairings and stuff is being painted. It will start up and run fine. Of course the radiator leaks and we are working on getting that problem solved. But the thing that is confusing me is the oil that is coming from the stator or genorator cover area. The bike slid a little bit on the stator cover grinding on it a little bit. We have a new one on order but I was curious if there is something else wrong. When we start it up, it leaks oil from a small crack in the cover. So I pulled it off and there was quite a bit of oil in it. Now, Is that supposed to happen? Is the oil a result of being on it side for a few hours while athorities were sorting things out? What else do I need to look for?

specialy out of an aluminum ( stator) .. when hot or warmed up.. aluminum ..spreads like .. uhmm.. < wont say it >
smile.gif

Back