oil dripping from stator cover ?

CopMagnet5oh

Registered
i have oil dripping from the stator cover. is oil even suppose to be under that cover ? any ideas ? just a gasket, or am i looking at an issue of oil being where its not suppose to be in the first place ? 99 busa with 50k kms ( 32k miles )

cheers,

- Kons

Is it any aftermarket stator cover? The cheap ones don't always fit properly.

If it is the OEM, I'd say 1) check the bolts are not loose, and, 2) you probably need a new gasket.

Yes, oil behind stator. New gasket, imo. I changed mine myself after a spill, very simple.
Posted via Mobile Device

When you pull off the old Stator cover, first make sure the bike is on a stand ( not on the kickstand ) You will want the bike upright and level and there will be very little oil come out, ( dont ask how I know this ) Second when replacing cover be carefull the magnet will snatch it from your hand or worse get your finger between the cover and bike and it will smart.

Godammit! - Now my stator cover is dripping oil!

I got the mechanics to put an aftermarket cover on, while they were doing a service.
I supplied the cover and a new gasket. 10:1 they didn't use the new gasket.
I'll be going straight back there on Monday! Grrrr!!!!

EDIT: It is possible that the Chinese manufacturer did a crappy job with the sealing surface, so I'll check that out tomorrow. I really must spend the money and get a Woodcraft...

Last edited:
Back