oil filter question

supernova777

Registered
ok, for one more time i need help from anyone more experienced :bowdown: to this:
oil and filter change-piece of cake (except the right fairing removal :whistle:)
BUT the oil filter it does not seat flat in case!:banghead:
the threads are ok and filter is not crooced or something but at top (12 o'clock) i have almost metal to metal contact while at bottom (6 o'clock) i see the o'ring (almost 2mm gap- a medium flat screwdriver tip )
(And of course i didnt notice the old filter positioning!???)
From a short test ride all seems good- not oil leaks -but i am somehow not so confident anymore ...
Any thoughts?

It's a defective filter. Change it immediately. You won't sleep at night wondering if it's going to let go at the wrong time. The internal guts are out of alignment.

It's a defective filter. Change it immediately. You won't sleep at night wondering if it's going to let go at the wrong time. The internal guts are out of alignment.

What he said!!

What brand filter??

tapatalked

Hmmm, never even looked at mine that close, but I just hand tighten mine anyway. Pretty juicy o-ring on the zuki filter. Always make sure the seat area is free of any debris, and we've had a few put on with the clear plastic cover still on. major no, no.

Thanks guys!
The filter is a Champion k 301 and yes tomorrow i will change it with an original zuki.. (Wako i thing is the manufacturer of originals)
ok and now the surpise:
a friend of mine former worker (chief mechanic) in suzuki motorcycles service department for years he said over the phone: "never mind! it is normal.. we see it often!"
You guys ever seen this? (with originals or other brand..)
As i said i will change it anyway..
Thanks again!
(oh man! with the plastic cover? and what are the consequenses?)

Hmmm, never even looked at mine that close, but I just hand tighten mine anyway. Pretty juicy o-ring on the zuki filter. Always make sure the seat area is free of any debris, and we've had a few put on with the clear plastic cover still on. major no, no.

They had had more than a few :-)

tapatalked

Really? How would one miss the plastic cover? Are some of our fellow human beings that stupid???
Never mind, don't answer that.:whistle:

Thanks guys!
The filter is a Champion k 301 and yes tomorrow i will change it with an original zuki.. (Wako i thing is the manufacturer of originals)
ok and now the surpise:
a friend of mine former worker (chief mechanic) in suzuki motorcycles service department for years he said over the phone: "never mind! it is normal.. we see it often!"
You guys ever seen this? (with originals or other brand..)
As i said i will change it anyway..
Thanks again!
(oh man! with the plastic cover? and what are the consequenses?)

If the oil filter I was installing did not seat properly, there is no way in hell I would start the engine with it on. It is your friend, but if a buddy of mine said that I would call
bsflag.gif

I would probably never let him live it down, especially while drinking a few beers.

I have never seen a filter not seat all the way around. That said k & n have the nut built in to aid in Changing .

tapatalk - on my HTC ERIS rooted with cyanogen mod 7

Problem resolved with suzuki original (wako-china) oil filter..:cheerleader:
Thanks again everybody!:bowdown:
(And lesson learned:for superior quality don't buy a EU product - the chinesse are the best!):poke:

Back