oil filter cross reference

wiesjon

Registered
Has anyone cross referenced the oil filter supplied by the dealers with any aftermarket ones. I have yet to take delivery of my bike, but have heard the filters are pricey.

heres my take on that, yes it can be done, i did it on gen one which the filter will be the same.. now the bad, i was using napa filters,when my bike blew up, inside the oil strainer was oil filter fibers that stopped the oil flow. since rebuilding i use k and n or factory only. i will not take another 3000 dollar chance like that on aftermarket filters.

so what is a $8 oil filter on a busa? I just run the factory unit and forget about it.. what will you spend in a life time of the bike? $50-$100? ... I change the filter every 10K with synthetic oil..

I would never run a screen on a street machine.. IMO they are strictly for drag racing applications and will only grab the largest particles out and are really just to stop any chunks or bearing material and then allow you to see the problem before it self destructs..

Even if you save $5 per filter, you will save what over the life of the bike? :)

Back