Oil evacuator? anyone use one?

KosherBenz

Donating Member
Registered
I just bought one to change the oil in my car, can this same process be used on our bikes? I thought it might be easier to use than drain the oil out the bottom.

I think the clutch would be in the way.
Correct.
I do use one to change the oil in my boat, tho.
The dipstick is specifically made for this purpose as it is bolted on at the very bottom of the oil pan where the drain plug is.
I would not recommend this for any car or bike.
pirate.gif

What could be more simple than putting a pan under the bike and taking out the drain plug?

What could be more simple than putting a pan under the bike and taking out the drain plug?
fairing removal?
No need to remove the fairing if you are not going to change the filter. You can remove the fairing in no time though, and the owners book will show you how. putting the faring back on without scratching the plastic can be a little tricky by yourself . To help protect against scratches, remove the 3 screws on the top front first, then place masking tape on the top piece(nose piece) to remove and reinstall. I'm sure if you would post up when you are ready to change your oil, someone on the org. who lives near you would be happy to come over and show you how to do it.

Back