2 much oil

3rdbusa

Registered
When I changed my oil I added a little to much. I changed the oil and filter but installed 4.1 liters of oil. looks Ok, maybe a little overfilled on the guage. Should i drain some oil out? First busa i have kept out of warranty so I am doing the oil changes. Screwed up the 1st one!!

I can get nearly 4 qts in mine and it brings it just to the full mark....4.1 liters is 4.3 quarts ..thats pushing it a bit. You dont want excessive pressure in the crank case, id let a little out just to be safe.

It always takes just shy of a gallon for me 3.9 gal.
with proper oil drainage and a filter change.
Book says 4.4 gal if you do an engine rebuild.
So when it says 3.7 gal. for an oil and filter change it is refering to a side stand oil change ,which isn't going to drain as much oil, as a center stand or equivilant.

Just let a little bit drain out or you could blow a gasket. I think I got alittle over 4qts. last oil and filter change but it was still under the full line.

Last service it took .5 liters over the suzuki prescribed 3.3lts for the oil level to reach maximum... now I dunno if its an error on part of suzuki, or if the oil company is cheating me (I use castrol btw)
rock.gif

Use the quart bottles of oil...and dump in 3, and in the 4th, leave about 200-250ml as noted by the side markers...halfway between 2 and 3.
wink.gif

If changing just the oil (which most don't), leave the mark on the 4th bottle between 7 and 8.

It always takes just shy of a gallon for me 3.9 gal.
with proper oil drainage and a filter change.
Book says 4.4 gal if you do an engine rebuild.
So when it says 3.7 gal. for an oil and filter change it is refering to a side stand oil change ,which isn't going to drain as much oil, as a center stand or equivilant.
Dam dude you have a huge oil pan!! 3.9 GAL!!! you mean qtrs...

Back