Oil Change

rafen

Registered
About to do my first oil change on my gen 1 and everyone i've spoken with so far can only say Motul! What do you guys think about keeping it Suzuki?
oil.jpg

I don't think it matters too much if you use Suzuki or any other oil. The main thing is hat you change it every 2500 miles. If I were to use a high quality synthetic, I'd refer to how the gearbox felt to tell me if it was really lasting 5000 miles or however long your supposed to be allowed to leave it in there. I have always used Rotella synthetic. It's inexpensive enough to change every 2500 miles and I can tell that's necessary by how it shifts at that time. So I have synthetic and it stays clean because it gets dumped on a more frequent basis.

I've been using 300V in my bikes for years.
Designed to last about 3,000, unlike other synthetics (which are reported go to 5k +)
And it's expensive to begin with
But like others said here, as long as you're changing the oil every 2.5 - 3k, go with your preferred brand/rating.

Filters? OEM, and replaced at every oil change - but that's just me

oil change intervall - never ending story

the mileage between two changes depends on
- the way one uses a haya
and
- the maintenance sheet in the manual.

if one uses the haya only for short runs to the bakery and back home even 2500 miles can be to much

if the haya gets really warm, means oil temp at 90°C and hogher, the intervall can be enlarged up to 5500 miles.
the best way to control the temp is to install a temp-gauge eg from "koso" in combi with a m14x1.5 feeler in the oil-galery left side, in the hight of middle of the oil hose.
plugbolt (#38 in the fiche below) out and feeler + new seal in + 17 Nm.

CRANKCASE.jpg

the gauge (at buddy´s turbo gen1)

the_koso_gauge.jpg

link to order it

the feeler

BF140150-mit-Copyright-Spuch_1.jpg

link to order it

the type of the oil has to follow the prescription in the manual
very 1st change after 600 mi from mineralic to half / full synthetic oil is a need
and lateron the half / full synthetic oil is prescribed.

the oil must imperatively be pruduced for oil-bath-clutches (all other oils cause clutch sliding)

the name of the manufacturer (more or less) never matters.

oil change intervall - never ending story

the mileage between two changes depends on
- the way one uses a haya
and
- the maintenance sheet in the manual.

if one uses the haya only for short runs to the bakery and back home even 2500 miles can be to much

if the haya gets really warm, means oil temp at 90°C and hogher, the intervall can be enlarged up to 5500 miles.
the best way to control the temp is to install a temp-gauge eg from "koso" in combi with a m14x1.5 feeler in the oil-galery left side, in the hight of middle of the oil hose.
plugbolt (#38 in the fiche below) out and feeler + new seal in + 17 Nm.

View attachment 1642269

the gauge (at buddy´s turbo gen1)

View attachment 1642268

link to order it

the feeler

link to order it

the type of the oil has to follow the prescription in the manual
very 1st change after 600 mi from mineralic to half / full synthetic oil is a need
and lateron the half / full synthetic oil is prescribed.

the oil must imperatively be pruduced for oil-bath-clutches (all other oils cause clutch sliding)

the name of the manufacturer (more or less) never matters.
Frank.... what the heck is going on with the tachometer and speedometer gauges on your buddy’s Gen 1 ???
Extra revs (14000??) and extra kmh (400kmh????)
Very very cool!

@Kiwi Rider

biiiiiiiiiiig grin ;)

it is a turbo with arround 380-420 hp
exactely not measurable because the testbench wasn´t able to measure more than 376 kmh

and my buddy ( a real! speedjunkie) wasn´t able to go faster than 346 (by gps !) because a car moved to his line at the highway so he had to drop throttle. ;)

so even his gen2 (his 2nd bike) is flashed open in 6th gear and rpm limiter is set 600 more than standard and goes around 306 gps-kmh . ;)

@Kiwi Rider

biiiiiiiiiiig grin ;)

it is a turbo with arround 380-420 hp
exactely not measurable because the testbench wasn´t able to measure more than 376 kmh

and my buddy ( a real! speedjunkie) wasn´t able to go faster than 346 (by gps !) because a car moved to his line at the highway so he had to drop throttle. ;)

so even his gen2 (his 2nd bike) is flashed open in 6th gear and rpm limiter is set 600 more than standard and goes around 306 gps-kmh . ;)
Have you ridden your mate's turbo bike? Must be an animal to get on the throttle and ride . . . I dunno if I'd like THAT MUCH power, how could an old guy like me use that much power . . hmmmmmmmm.......... lemme see here. . hmm

@Kiwi Rider
(and at all other interested ;) )

the punch you get if eg in 3rd gear at 140 kmh full throttle is maddening - I have to admit I just laughed hysterically - the heck - an absolutely crazy feeling.
the rear seat stopped my sliding on the driver´s seat - otherwise i guess i would have been punched way more backwards. ;)

and!
this turbo is gear selected steered, (~ 0.5-0.6 bar in 3rd)
so this bike "only" :rofl: has, at that spec. situation, only around 200 horses working, i suppose.

but this kind of feeling only is possible here at our restrict-free autobahn ;)
although i´m 63 now.

join this youtube movie and watch the girl while the bug got faster
i guess my laugh and face was similar to her´s. ;) at minute 13 around

Last edited:
Back