Ohlins top mount damper

TheEmeraldBiker

Registered
Hi guys, just looking for some info on a top mount ohlins damper if any has a link to where I can get one or even a part number for the mounting kit? The only ones I can find is the damper on its own that fits in the original position..
0efc8d363bf875df3115b4abfeae7bee.jpg

Hi guys, just looking for some info on a top mount ohlins damper if any has a link to where I can get one or even a part number for the mounting kit? The only ones I can find is the damper on its own that fits in the original position..View attachment 1611387
Ohlins GSX-R Steering Damper SD 030
is placed in the position of OEM without any modification,that's what I use too.
For road use I have set it to position 8 and gives stability and flexibility. You won't regret it, it's very high quality.

https://www.ohlins.eu/en/products/motorcycle/sd-030--4490/
Ohlins GSX-R Steering Damper SD030 OEM Mount - BRAND NEW - MAKE OFFER | eBay

Pics of mine when I bought it

IMG_1243.JPG

IMG_1245.JPG

Ohlins GSX-R Steering Damper SD 030
is placed in the position of OEM without any modification,that's what I use too.
For road use I have set it to position 8 and gives stability and flexibility. You won't regret it, it's very high quality.

https://www.ohlins.eu/en/products/motorcycle/sd-030--4490/
Ohlins GSX-R Steering Damper SD030 OEM Mount - BRAND NEW - MAKE OFFER | eBay

Pics of mine when I bought it

View attachment 1611388

View attachment 1611389

And @white.Busa I'd forgotten that his masterpiece has one as well...
Thanks for replying bro.

And @white.Busa I'd forgotten that his masterpiece has one as well...
Thanks for replying bro.
Thank you, @Mr Brown. My obligation to reply, I do not forget that I have learned everything here, and we must go back to knowledge. As in life anyway.

My friend @TheEmeraldBiker mine bought it for $ 340, it was the best price on ebay then. Contact this seller, based in the USA, is trustworthy and ask him for a quote on it. oemcycles on eBay

Thank you, @Mr Brown. My obligation to reply, I do not forget that I have learned everything here, and we must go back to knowledge. As in life anyway.

My friend @TheEmeraldBiker mine bought it for $ 340, it was the best price on ebay then. Contact this seller, based in the USA, is trustworthy and ask him for a quote on it. oemcycles on eBay
Quick question - why does it need to be a damper by oehlins? I mean some bikes dont even have one...?!
There are some debates if its even necessary for normal street riding..

Maybe someone could enlighten me why spending 340 dollars on a damper (given that there is a stock damper on already).

Quick question - why does it need to be a damper by oehlins? I mean some bikes dont even have one...?!

Maybe someone could enlighten me why spending 340 dollars on a damper (given that there is a stock damper on already).
Quality is the answer. They're out there shoes from China that cost $ 20, and shoes that cost $ 150. They both do their job
with different comfort and durability.
It is well known that motorcycle factories have limitations for reasons of final cost.
If there were no restrictions you were sure SUZUKI would mount something that looked like Ohlins.
I want (as long as my pocket can bear) to have the best I can in my Busa. I think there is some difference in the photos

16278004_0_z.jpg

steeringdampersmain1.jpg

Quality is the answer. They're out there shoes from China that cost $ 20, and shoes that cost $ 150. They both do their job
with different comfort and durability.
It is well known that motorcycle factories have limitations for reasons of final cost.
If there were no restrictions you were sure SUZUKI would mount something that looked like Ohlins.
I want (as long as my pocket can bear) to have the best I can in my Busa. I think there is some difference in the photos

View attachment 1611397

View attachment 1611398
Oh I get that part for sure. (its like with most aftermarket parts!)
But I was wondering if there is really a DIFFERENCE in feeling...?

I sometimes think the same thing about brake calipers.
The principle is basic, a hydraulic ram in basic form. So it shouldn't be hard to make a good one..

The top mount Ohlins was for the Gen 1. The Ohlins kit for the Gen 2 is in the stock location. Does the Gen 1 damper fit the gen 2? Probably??? looks like a gen 2 in the above picture.

Just remove the stock damper if replacing with a top mounted damper.

cheers
ken

Back