Ohlins Steering Damper under $250!

jefro

Registered
I picked up an Ohlins steering damper at a "Blowout Sale" from Motorcycle Parts Motorcycle Performance Parts motorcycle Accessories for High Performance for $249.00. It's for the stock mounting location-which I prefer. Prompt delivery, too. Check 'em out! Just got it installed and will try it out tomorrow.

IMG_1606.jpg

I picked up an Ohlins steering damper at a "Blowout Sale" from Motorcycle Parts Motorcycle Performance Parts motorcycle Accessories for High Performance for $249.00. It's for the stock mounting location-which I prefer. Prompt delivery, too. Check 'em out! Just got it installed and will try it out tomorrow.

thanks for the heads up

do you happen to see the part #

here's a thread where there were some issues unless you got teh "right" mount

on hard racings site, it's listed as SD-187

which isn;t in this post.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...roup-buy-my-k8-install-experience-w-pics.html

thanks for the heads up

do you happen to see the part #

here's a thread where there were some issues unless you got teh "right" mount

on hard racings site, it's listed as SD-187

which isn;t in this post.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...roup-buy-my-k8-install-experience-w-pics.html

The actual box does have SD-187 wrote on the side. And as far as issues, I've already got aftermarket brake lines so no problems there. I did have to move the mounting bracket from the Ohlins spec to get full lock steering to the left and the cylinder rod does just barely kiss the right fork tube at full lock right-not enough to worry about. I rode it to work this morning and I'm very impressed with the difference.

The actual box does have SD-187 wrote on the side. And as far as issues, I've already got aftermarket brake lines so no problems there. I did have to move the mounting bracket from the Ohlins spec to get full lock steering to the left and the cylinder rod does just barely kiss the right fork tube at full lock right-not enough to worry about. I rode it to work this morning and I'm very impressed with the difference.

HI there. DO u have photo of ur SD197 ohlins on the OEM mount. Could really like to see it.. $250 is really a good fetch.. THinking of getting one but just worry it dont fit... THanks

top-mount solves all those "fitment" issues:whistle:
and you can acutally adjust unit. kinda hard to do on-the-fly from under the nose-cone.

Per Ohlins they have redesigned the damper.
Here is a pic of the new model and design.
As a kit it is part#SD 030
This has new color as well as laser engraved logo.
Also new integrated floating piston design is what I am told from Ohlins USA.
There is also a plug for a resistor that some Gsxrs have ?
Hard racing does still have them at same price and they say it is new design damper just without the resistor to make a Busa specific package.
SD0211.jpg

Piston was redesigned as a result of MotoGP testing where some of the oil got too hot and caused addtl stiffness per Ohlins.

I have a stock mount like new ohlins one for a gen 1 if someone is looking,also have a mint top mount hyperpro one for a busa.

Nothing, but the Ohlins is better...:thumbsup:

Rarely turn here this far south.
Want it stiffer for straight line roads we have here is all..
Like the adjustability.

Last edited:
I'm the one that posted the thread above about the steering damper. When you put the two brackets side by side, you can tell that the one specific for the GenII is a little different (longer) than the generic one. However, if you changed out your brake lines I don't think it's much of an issue.

Back