Oh, ####.

busacrab

Registered
This is a very strange story. I put a few mods on my 2001, mainly an Akrapovic full system, for this story. I had a power commander II since I bought it new. So I put the 07 file in it because at the time on the dynojet site, that was the closest fit. Tested it on a ride. At one point, the bike started smoking like a frigging cigar. Then it acted normally, but rich. Rode it sproadically because I own five bikes (but this is my sweetheart). I revisited the dynojet site and found that 06 was the more appropriate file. So I hooked up the laptop and warmed the bike up. Downloaded 06. Revved the bike up to red line. Oh, holy #### broke loose. Smoke poured from her behind. She crapped out in a blaze of smoke. Now she won't start. Kinda acting like a Ducati (high maintenance #####). I'm not sure wether I fried her (gosh, I did not run it up top for long, but what a smoke and stink show!!!), or whether I have a bad Dynojet II. Before I freak or spend big money on a rebuild, I thought I would post and see if anyone has had a situation like this. I don't even know what I would search for in this case! Thanks.

Crab

Welcome aboard and remove the Dynojet and then try to tun it. Was it white or dark smoke?
smile.gif

Loosing any fluid of any kind? Pull the side fairings off and check it over good,if there are no visible signs,(ie) rod and or pistons hanging about.,Then unhook the pc and try to start it.It may have just loaded up and backfired., maybe gas fouled the plugs,I hope it was the latter.Good luck.:)

i got dibbs on the exhaust

j/k hope you get it worked out. Also git rid of the pc 2 and get a pc 3

Great to see that this is an active board. I appreciate the comments. Almost forgot the thing will run without the PCII. The smoke was white, so it is probably fuel related (I hope). Will post later when I have worked on the bike. Thanks.

Crab

Amazing what we do--Trying to better a product the factory engineers worked so hard to get it right
I am guilty too--with my 4 into 1 header and PCII--it doesn't run as smooth down low as it did stock
and it backfires abit..

Hey if they would have given us 200hp out the box we wouldnt be fuggin shid up
wink.gif

This is a very strange story.  I put a few mods on my 2001, mainly an Akrapovic full system, for this story.  I had a power commander II since I bought it new.  So I put the 07 file in it because at the time on the dynojet site, that was the closest fit.  Tested it on a ride.  At one point, the bike started smoking like a frigging cigar.  Then it acted normally, but rich.  Rode it sproadically because I own five bikes (but this is my sweetheart).  I revisited the dynojet site and found that 06 was the more appropriate file.  So I hooked up the laptop and warmed the bike up.  Downloaded 06.  Revved the bike up to red line.  Oh, holy #### broke loose.  Smoke poured from her behind.  She crapped out in a blaze of smoke.  Now she won't start.  Kinda acting like a Ducati (high maintenance #####).  I'm not sure wether I fried her (gosh, I did not run it up top for long, but what a smoke and stink show!!!), or whether I have a bad Dynojet II. Before I freak or spend big money on a rebuild, I thought I would post and see if anyone has had a situation like this.  I don't even know what I would search for in this case!  Thanks.

Crab
Its not good to free-wind ANY motor up to redline......it should only see redline under a load. Black smoke is a fuel condition.....blue or white smoke is a motor prob
wow.gif

Back