Oh please be someone I know that likes me

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
$84.9M Powerball ticket bought in Okla

A Powerball ticket purchased in Oklahoma won the $84.9 million grand prize from Wednesday night's drawing, lottery officials said today.

Additionally, a Hot Lotto ticket bought in Oklahoma is worth a not-so-shabby $2.1 million consolation prize.

"I doubt this has ever happened," Jay Finks, the Oklahoma lottery's marketing director, said of two multistate game jackpots being won in the same state on the same night.

Neither prize had been claimed by this morning.

The winning Powerball numbers: 04-33-46-48-52, with Powerball number of 17.

The winning Hot Lotto numbers: 6-9-23-24-39, with a Hot Ball of 10.

Lottery officials were double-checking to ensure there were no security violations before announcing where either ticket was bought.

The Powerball jackpot has a $41.3 million cash equivalent if the winner chooses not to draw the full amount over 30 years. Most winners choose the lump sum. In this case, it would be $29.3 million after a mandatory deduction of 29 percent for federal and state taxes.

The state's share is 4 percent, or $1,172,000 in this case if the winner takes the lump sum.

The odds of winning the Powerball jackpot are 1 in 147 million. The odds of winning the Hot Lotto jackpot are 1 in 11 million.

"There are states that have gone 10 years without winning the Powerball jackpot. And here we've had our third Powerball jackpot winner (since joining the game in January 2006) and our second Hot Lotto winner (in six months)," Finks said.

Under a new retailer reward system, the store that sold the winning Powerball ticket will get $25,000. The Hot Lotto ticket seller will get $5,000.

Finks said he doubts either jackpot winner will show up until at least next week.

"Typically people freak out on the first day," he said.

$29.3 million lump sum. I guess I could handle that. LOL

Sorry Cap, wudnt me.
banghead.gif

Ummmm I'm looking for a financial advisor at this time.

By the way, Do you happen to know of a Dealer that has a coupld dozen 08s in stock?

Ah crap I was on my way to your house Doug. I thought it was you for sure. Sorry it was not you.
sad.gif

wow and i hadnt even checked my numbers didnt know i was rich today or id blown off work

i wish
firedevil.gif

If its not one of our .Org members, then I hope it's someone who doesn't have two nickels to rub together.

Back