Oh NO! Not Again!

Delboybusa

Registered
Having traded in the Firestorm for the 'Busa as part of my health scare/life changing moment in April this year, I did mention to SWMBO that I was finished with "fettling" bikes i.e. no fancy add-ons, no illegal racing cans etc. At 58, I was going to settle down to more sedate (if quick) riding, appropriate to my advanced years...........................................................

On a 'Busa!!!!!!!!! Bollocks! Just bought a PC2 and am waiting on delivery of some Scorpion carbon cans.

Is She Who Must Be Obeyed upset? No, I think she's surprised I waited so long!

Real problem is that I'm back at work after 4 years retired so I just can't go out and jump on the bike at any time.

My old outfit ( in the Financial Services area) was looking to recruit some recently retired managers for a project covering an epistle from the Gnomes of Basle on capital adequacy. Wonderfully boring stuff not helped by having to read old files with incredibly crass lending decisions. Doesn't help reduce my blood pressure. However, I'm working with two of my old mates and we are described by the outfit as "DOGs" Distinguished Older Gentlemen or as we put it Dirty Old Gits. So it's a bit of fun and well paid!......but the weather is good and I think of the 'Busa sitting lonely in the garage. Bummer!

Ride Safely, keep it upright!

Delboybusa

LOL! Welcome back to the addiction!
laugh.gif

Welcome back from retirement!
biggrin.gif

I remember my first test ride on a Busa at my local dealer~ I
thought, "dang, this thing rides like a Cadillac".. and it does~
Problem is I can't help but drive it like a Porche!
wink.gif

Enjoy the new mods.. post up some pics.. and be safe!
Welcome to the org!
cool.gif

Welcome to the obsession.

I liked the SWMBO and the DOG comments.
laugh.gif

I usually refer to her as the "control tower"

<!--EDIT|Mikey D
Reason for Edit: None given...|1087189801 -->

Hey I can't be that old and decrepit as one of my son's mates, Big Eddie has just phoned to ask if I'd like to join him, his mate and my son on a biking tour of the "fast" roads in Belgium next month.

This will involve riding on the road section of the Spa/Francorchamps circuit. I'm also being threatened with a visit to the Ring.......Nurburgring that is!!!!! Makes me want to change the Y-fronts just thinking about it!

Big Eddie's mate is part owner of a large UK tyre concern. I had the "pleasure" of riding behind his Ducati ST4 with its Fast by Feracci race pipes on our way to MotoGP Deutschland at the Sachsenring last year. I was brain-numb for hours after it! I was on my second VFR800 with K&N, PC2 and twin-spout Blueflame carbon race can and managed to "clock"152mph ( on the autobahn of course Officer! where speed limits are advisory) complete with a large backpack. My son rode an R1 then and shot past at 168, typical...... but I got him on the corners. Big Eddie was on a "sorted" Gixer 600 with Yoshi pipes. Eddie is BIG and the sight of him trying to do a GP start at lights was hysterical. He absolutely rang the nuts off it to not go very fast. Hell of a rider though for his size and a good bloke to have as a mate.  

Anyway enough said, I'm on for the trip and its nice to be asked!

cheers
Delboybusa

Heh Heh,

Got the call from Big Eddie and it's on for Belgium at the end of July. Staying at Dinant for 3 nights. Will be doing the road portion of the Spa/Francorchamps on one day and then........some serious speed testing down south on the German Autobahns.

Have just fitted the Scorpion carbon race cans and they are.....er...er..LOUD! So much so that I'm thinking of buying a quietening kit produced by Wolf Racing for £38...maybe. There are just too many traffic cops around in North Yorkshire these days.
It used to be that you were issued with a Rectification Notice giving you 7 days to put your stock ("road legal") cans back on and present your bike to a local cop shop. No longer, they just hit you with a Fixed Penalty Fine £60 and 3 points on your licence

All part of my plan to grow old DISGRACEFULLY.

cheers
Delboybusa

Welcome...I was a tad bit lost at first but now I am on the same page as you...
evil.gif

Wait a minute... Yup... I am suffering from a proper english overload...
smile.gif

Sounds like your going to be having a blast Delboy, pisser regarding the pipes, it won't be much longer before the squidly faction over here ensure's that similar draconian laws be put in place. So a fine of roughly $90 and three points for a loud pipe... That's messed up...

Have a good one,

Rev

Back