Oh Crap

why hasnt suzuki fixed this problem. they obviously had a problem cause they went to steel. ad why cant they do something to make the aluminum stronger? i know its a busa but who needs the extra weight. does anyone know the weight difference?

I had a 2000 and sold it in 2002. I have been contemplating getting another. I have searched here and other places, and still have not seen a for sure confirmation from anyone that the later model 'busas have the stronger subframe. And are there any reports of anyone breaking the steel one?? I'm a xxxl and my wife is no Kate Moss. We enjoyed the 2-up riding, but I don't want to worry about my wife falling off the back.

BP

In my opinion, Suzuki should pay for this kind of malfuntion. The gross weight that Suzuki prints on the frame sticker is well above 2 people plus a tent and some stuff. I believe this is an engineering defect.

But Suzuki will never agree because of the liability if people die due to sub-frame snapping.

WELL I HAVE ALL KINDS OF ONE LINERS ABOUT SOMEONE GOING ON ATKINS AND STUFF LIKE THAT BUT SINCE IT WAS A DANGEROUS SITUATION, I AM GLAD YOUR SAFE AND SAVE ALL THAT FUNNY CRAP I WAS THINKING FOR SOMEONE ELSE... TAKE CARE AND RIDE SAFE...

AND DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS NEAR MISHAP.. I AM HEARBYE TELLING ALL WOMEN OVER SAY.. A BUCK FIDDY TO CEASE AND DESIST FROM ASKING FOR RIDES ON MY BIKE... I AINT WISHBONING MY BIKE FOR NADA.... JOHNNY OUT

I would try and get in touch with corporate, if the stealership doesn't help you out.
Posted via Mobile Device

Man, that must have made the pucker-meter jump a little...specially for your passenger. Glad to hear it turned out reasonably well. Now where are the pics from that ride? I hear New Zealand is a beautiful country:beerchug:

Wow.
Glad you made it through ok.

Isn't it a weird feeling coming that close to something serious?

Aw man. Thread resurrection. With Easter 4 months away. :whistle:
Hardee har har.

Who did this? Ah.
I guess in an old country like Singapore the passage of time isn't as germaine as it is to peeps in the US? :laugh:

I wanna go to an old country where time/change aren't so closely tied! :cheerleader:

Suzuki only used the alloy subframe for the first year or 2...they suffered quite a few failures and went to a steel subframe. They were replacing the alloys with steels free of charge back when that was an issue.

Before I purchased my bike in 2001 I had read about the issues with the sub frame. I purchased a set of sub frame braces from TTS and installed them. I then found out that they changed to steel so I guess I can put a cow on the back if I wanted to. :laugh:

the weight diff steel to aluminum is like 6-7 #s Id gladly give up 6-7 #s to save my life...you can cut off all the unnecessary hardware from the steel one..like the grab bar, it is only used if you have a center stand anyway, and since I have screens over the holes in the tail I wouldn't be able to put my hand up under there anyway....

changed mine to the steel subframe of an 06

its frm a k7 actually....

fills safer riding nw :thumbsup:

DSC00126.jpg

DSC00130.jpg

Back