Odd 2013 Set Up?

bigisbetter

Registered
Just bought bike and noticed the brakes are Tokico and not Bremco nor does it have ABS.

Anyone else have a 2013 with this set up?

i think the brembos were on the limited version only if i remember correctly. the ABS as well. but i could be mistaken.

If you bought the bike used it sounds like someone swapped the brembos for the older brakes for a buddy.

Well the title says 2013. It was pain Ted after a crash according to Carfax. Original color was back and white. Still don't get the brakes.

It has the 3 mode switch. Was that limited edition only? If so the brakes were clearly swapped.

That's not adding up, but who knows. That is factory 2012 LE paint/stickers. Taking a 2013, changing bodywork, removing all brake hardware and replacing with non ABS set, makes zero sense.

Appreciate your feedback. I'm enjoying the bike. This little idiosyncrasy certainly will not prevent that. But I will continue to research as this is an interesting anomaly.

Sounds like someone with a 2012 was getting a custom paint job. Traded those plastics for the ones that might have had some rash (since getting custom paint anyway). Took the calipers and wheels in the trade and then made your 2013 look like a brand new bike.

Sounds like someone with a 2012 was getting a custom paint job. Traded those plastics for the ones that might have had some rash (since getting custom paint anyway). Took the calipers and wheels in the trade and then made your 2013 look like a brand new bike.

Very well could be. Did all of the 2013 come with abs?

The Brembo's that come on the Busa and the GSXR's are poop,they're not the same quality Brembo you'd get if you ordered an aftermarket pair. Simply put,it's a marketing ploy to get people to look and say "Ooooo,that Busa comes with Brembo's from the factory!! Must be a badass bike!".. The Tokico's are actually better

It is my understanding that the OEM Brembos are not monoblocks (caliper is 2 pieces) but the other parts are the same as the 108 mm aftermarket calipers (which I have). This cuts cost forsure but I don't think its a huge performance hit. Before switching to Brembos on my 09 I had hh pads and SS lines and they are nothing like the brembos in Quality, so I would have to call BS on them being just show and worse than the Tokico's.

Why can't you run the vin numbers to see what model you have?

Ask some roadracers about the OEM Brembos on a GSXR . Call BS on whatever you like,I could not care any less:thumbsup:

The Brembo's that come on the Busa and the GSXR's are poop,they're not the same quality Brembo you'd get if you ordered an aftermarket pair. Simply put,it's a marketing ploy to get people to look and say "Ooooo,that Busa comes with Brembo's from the factory!! Must be a badass bike!".. The Tokico's are actually better

I had a brake fade issue after a heavy laps, and do agree that the OEM brembos seems to be a "look it's got brembo" version. I swapped it out with a 108mm brembo kit and that bastard stopped like it was glued to the ground. But it took some SERIOUS beating to get that fade on the OEM kit. I don't recommend swapping it out unless you're going to track it, you're looking at about $1500 for a kit. I've still got my Repsol CBR that I can beat on, my current busa isn't going to be tracked, as long as it stops eventually, I'm happy :)

Back