Occupy Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
No... it's because FOX News isn't real news.

It's entertainment news from the perspective of the Extremist Right. And its net effect is to serve as a mouthpiece for the Red Team. All one has to do is listen to the diatribe railings from O'Rielly, Beck, or any number of those extremists that Fox has serving as alleged "news anchors" to understand this.

If it is indeed "most watched" statistically, it's likely due to the entertainment value.

Fox News is a far, far cry from the catch-phrase they like to hide behind, "fair and balanced". Shyeah, right. Sure it is. :disagree:

If they had a single hair, they would renamed themselves to accurately reflect their reporting, something like "Fox Republican News Entertainment", or some such. There are a gazillion examples out on the intardwebs that demonstrate that Fox News is indeed basically working for the communications department of a certain political party. I am sure all the extremest right members of .oRg will howl and cry that this isn't so.... but anyone with clear thinking who sees the facts can draw their own conclusions.

But MSNBC is the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, right? SOMEBODY's got to counter the ridiculous leftist diatribe coming from THAT channel...

Perhaps the most ignorant thing I've read today.

I can't even come close to you, your comments, or your way of thinking. But thanks for placing me in such a high place. Have a great day. Debate over two .......

Am I missing something here? I've clicked through all the news channels (forget left or right for a moment) and have yet to see 1 second of footage where a coherent thought from anyone associated with "occupy" has been captured on film. Most footage involves somebody mad about this or that (insert any idea here) and they have come down to show support for their cause. Gathering in a large group with no means of support and expecting the local communities to provide for you seems counter to the group's movement?

I hate when I get sucked into these discussions...I'll never understand anyone that expects support from anyone but themselves.

But MSNBC is the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, right? SOMEBODY's got to counter the ridiculous leftist diatribe coming from THAT channel...

They don't even come close to what Fox Entertainment News does.

However, all media bias is wrong, there is no question there. And pretty much all news organizations - digital or printed - have their own degree of bias... some more obvious than others.

But none approach the level of overt favoritism that Fox does. I could point to a gazillion examples of where they have been caught red-handed with some of their horsecock shenanigans they pull in the name of the Extremest Right... some are just staggering.

Am I missing something here? I've clicked through all the news channels (forget left or right for a moment) and have yet to see 1 second of footage where a coherent thought from anyone associated with "occupy" has been captured on film.

Oh, they are out there, alright. But if a video segment shows a reasonable OWS protestor stating facts and making sense, the media isn't going to show that because there is no violence, bloodshed or sound bite opportunity.

For example.... Occupy Wall Street protester slams Fox News in an Un-Aired interview (VIDEO) - Orlando liberal | Examiner.com

In this video, look at how this FOX Producer is taken to task and verbally knifed by a very articulate protester.... which is why Fox News Entertainment never aired this footage.... but the video is on YouTube:

I hate when I get sucked into these discussions...I'll never understand anyone that expects support from anyone but themselves.

Yep, gotta concur..... there are fewer more divisive subjects than politics and religion. They generally have a huge negative impact on topic-specific forums (such as a motorcycle forum). Indeed, some bike forums come close to imploding because of it.... ST.N, for example.

I know if I lost my entire or a significant portion of my 401k like father and many others his age did a few years back, which I believe is a significantly overlooked point in this whole matter, I'd be out occupyin' the hell outta Wall Street. In that same breath, believing that Wall Street is the cause to all of our problems going on right now would be very naive, but believing that there's nothing wrong with the way business and things have been conducted over the past decade or so is being obtuse, at best. As usual, and unfortunately what seems to be beginning to define us as a nation is, people from both ends of the spectrum use isolated or extreme instances from the other side to justify their non-wavering stance or perspective. Saying that all of the people who believe in and are participating in this protest are lazy @$$es that need to just get a job is about as accurate as saying all Tea Party Members are racists. With our media driven society, we allow the most vocal and animated, which typically tend to be the most extreme (on either side) the most airplay. And once again, the truth or reality of the matter typically lies somewhere in the middle.

The guy did a good job in the video above. But that looks like a Fox news affiliate to me, unprepared for actually a reasonable person's response.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=234350&stc=1&d=1320238034

387277_533138820628_225700498_826414_248645840_n.jpg

The gentleman in the video is well spoken, more so than the reporter interviewing him. However, I still have issue with some of his "the fact is" or the "truth of the matter is" statements. The words "trying to destroy the middle class" came out of his mouth. That is a pretty broad and sweeping statement. Also said " a for profit healthcare system doesn't work"...there was no supported substance in anything he said, but since he spoke it well, he seemed to win the discussion. Watch it again, the only thing that video shows is the reporter was not prepared for his responses. NOT that his responses said anything more than rant, rant, rant.

That he joined the Army during a time of war was his decision entirely.

I considered Joining the military and chose not to, because I don't believe in the wars this country chooses to fight, nor the regime the US military answers to.

He works harder in order to earn his paycheck.

Good for him. I work my ass off to have the things that I have, to have gotten in the position I am in my industry and so does everyone around me. We work harder each year for the same or less pay, with rising cost of living expenses.

I would never occupy those countries because those countries are not putting our countries freedoms in jeapordy. The US fights financial wars for the rich. Don't expect my immediate respect because you went over and occupied the middle east when we didn't belong there, and you CHOSE to join the military when this war was going on... volunteering to be a part of something the US had no business doing. You support corruption in washington, congratulations.

You know what sacrifice is... no one forced you to join. You did so of your own accord. I disagree with the deployment and use of the US military, therefore I can not relate to the validity of your sacrifice.

Perhaps someone would like to tell me what this soldier has to do with the movement against a corrupt disfunctioning government? Is it the fact that after the police force, the military is next in line to combat US citizens. That he is willingly on the side of corruption. Maybe he'd like to put SS emblems on his collar to complete the uniform?

The gentleman in the video is well spoken, more so than the reporter interviewing him. However, I still have issue with some of his "the fact is" or the "truth of the matter is" statements. The words "trying to destroy the middle class" came out of his mouth. That is a pretty broad and sweeping statement. Also said " a for profit healthcare system doesn't work"...there was no supported substance in anything he said, but since he spoke it well, he seemed to win the discussion. Watch it again, the only thing that video shows is the reporter was not prepared for his responses. NOT that his responses said anything more than rant, rant, rant.

You act as though you wanted him to go into exacting detail of each one of his points. Would you have watched a 2 hour interview of him explaining why he said all of the things he said? I'm guessing not, because there are plenty of explanations for each of those things already out there.

Do you think the reporter would have sat long enough for him to go into exacting detail about any single issue?

I was just going to say he needs to thank the previous and CURRENT (yeah I said both) administrations for their forays into nation building and strategic global positioning of our military resources. Most people I know that join the military is because they had no other alternatives after high school (if they even graduated) or had familial ties. They don't typically go gettin' all cocky like that.

I act? Not really. Just pointing out that the video as shown does not support the points being discussed here.

You act as though you wanted him to go into exacting detail of each one of his points. Would you have watched a 2 hour interview of him explaining why he said all of the things he said? I'm guessing not, because there are plenty of explanations for each of those things already out there.

Do you think the reporter would have sat long enough for him to go into exacting detail about any single issue?

Do you support any of the wars this country chose to fight? You might think about our country's history a bit and see what that soldier is standing for by joining the military. He and his kind have sacrificed so that you have the ability to voice your opinion freely in this country. It seems that you and I have a much different perspective on this world we live in. I don't agree with many things that we as a country involve ourselves in, but realize that decisions have to be made both good and bad. Enjoy voicing your opinion as the men and women of our military continue to provide you that freedom.

I considered Joining the military and chose not to, because I don't believe in the wars this country chooses to fight, nor the regime the US military answers to.

Good for him. I work my ass off to have the things that I have, to have gotten in the position I am in my industry and so does everyone around me. We work harder each year for the same or less pay, with rising cost of living expenses.

I would never occupy those countries because those countries are not putting our countries freedoms in jeapordy. The US fights financial wars for the rich. Don't expect my immediate respect because you went over and occupied the middle east when we didn't belong there, and you CHOSE to join the military when this war was going on... volunteering to be a part of something the US had no business doing. You support corruption in washington, congratulations.

You know what sacrifice is... no one forced you to join. You did so of your own accord. I disagree with the deployment and use of the US military, therefore I can not relate to the validity of your sacrifice.

Perhaps someone would like to tell me what this soldier has to do with the movement against a corrupt disfunctioning government? Is it the fact that after the police force, the military is next in line to combat US citizens. That he is willingly on the side of corruption. Maybe he'd like to put SS emblems on his collar to complete the uniform?

Do you support any of the wars this country chose to fight? You might think about our country's history a bit and see what that soldier is standing for by joining the military. He and his kind have sacrificed so that you have the ability to voice your opinion freely in this country. It seems that you and I have a much different perspective on this world we live in. I don't agree with many things that we as a country involve ourselves in, but realize that decisions have to be made both good and bad. Enjoy voicing your opinion as the men and women of our military continue to provide you that freedom.

Yes and no. The wars I would support I'm afraid were a bit before my time.

I know It's a rather unpopular thing to say (that you don't support the troops). I wish it was something I could feel differently about. I consider myself a patriot.

Unfortunately the country in its current state is a very poor reflection of the countries glorious history. What todays military stands for and what it should stand for are sadly, two very very different things. It has been a good long while since our countries freedoms have been in peril by any force outside of our borders.

The war on terror has stripped the American people of more rights than we were ever in danger of losing from the "terrorists". The military are the guys who are going to show up to oppose us if we decide to stand up and take our rights and our country back.

The freedom of speech was provided by our ancestors. This countries foundation guarantees me of that right, and my willingness to die before it is taken from me also guarantees me of that right. Our soldiers however, are not fighting for my right to speak my mind. We are the aggressors, not the defenders. We are not in danger of losing our freedoms from anyone with the exception of our own government, and the very military you are so proud of will be the ones to step in and enforce that on you should the police fail.

I have counted to ten, and now I'm going to choose my words carefully. I have now totally lost any respect for anything you ever post again.

- The next time you equate a Soldier in the United States Army with a combat badge (if you even had a freaking clue what that is) with the SS, I'm going to actively campaign that you be banned.

- The fact that you thought about joining but didn't because of your belief's, yet would demean everything this unnamed Soldier stands for, means you hide behind the coattails of those who stepped up in your place and BLED to give you the right to spew such foolishness (if the Army would even HAVE you).

- You have no clue what working your ass off really is. You have never put your life on the line, taken fire, lived like an animal, or the myriad of other things that a soldier does on a daily basis, without a whimper, all for you to live in relative safety and comfort and spew this crap. After you've put in a few years, come back and maybe I'll give a rat's rear end.

- and when the crap hits the fan, and you are hiding under the table quivering like a little baby, it will be a SOLDIER like the one depicted above, standing in front of the table protecting you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back