Obama, the great Speaker..lol

afterhours

Registered
I am really tired of hearing about how great a speaker he is....and thought that on MLK Day I would suggest that everyone youtube some MLK. This was a great speaker. If you listen to his speech in Washington, the whole thing not just the soundbites. It is powerful and moving.

Barak Hussein has not ever, and will not ever be able to inspire people like that....

"In a sense we've come to our nation's capital to cash a check. When the architects of our republic wrote the magnificent words of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, they were signing a promissory note to which every American was to fall heir. This note was a promise that all men - yes, black men as well as white men - would be guaranteed the unalienable rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. It is obvious today that America has defaulted on this promissory note, insofar as her citizens of color are concerned. Instead of honoring this sacred obligation, America has given the ***** people a bad check, a check which has come back marked 'insufficient funds." Dr. MLK 8-28-63

yea he blows, SNL has him nailed...I can't listen to him talk for more than a few minutes then I get disgusted

I believe speech writers work/ed for both.
While one will be fondly remembered forever and the other may fade quickly I don't think either wrote what they say/said ?
You knock Barack (haha that rhymes :) ) but his speeches elevated him to president which is something MLK did not accomplish.

Ps......Are you feeling ok because it's very strange for Afterhours to START a political thread ? :laugh:

Honestly....

MLK and Barry Obama, are not even comparable. Dr. King forced a nation to recognize that what it was doing.....the way it treated minorities was wrong. He did this inspite of threat to his safety by agents of the gov. and law enfrorcement and was the target of assination attempts. Dr. King not only marched against the establishment, he did it while battling a "white" media that was biased and labled him and his supporters as troublemakers....

Barry, is the Jackie Robinson on black politicians.....He fit, he was unknown and young and good looking. He even had the perfect wife, a strong yet still feminine attractive black woman.

the media loved him, loved them....the media convinced everybody that they would be able to make history. They ignored his poor political history, his relationships with radical religious leaders.

While B.H. Obama will always be the first black American President....he pails in comparison to the greatest black leader in American history.

No disrespect, but I think you are comparing apples to oranges. While both were/are great speakers, one had a great cause he was fighting for while the other can only hope to unite differing opinions. Times are different from when Dr. King gave his speaches.

I will use the Heisman Trophy to show you what I mean. This trophy was names after a man who was considered the best college football player ever and is given to the best college football player of the year. Football was way different in the 1800s compared to today. If John Heisman was playing football today, he would probably never win the Heisman trophy.

Ok, motorcycles. Many think some of th the greatest motorcycles in history are vintage Harleys. How would those bikes compare to bikes of today?

I say this not to diminish Dr. King or elevate President Obama, but to say that the time, subject and mood of the country have alot to do with how we precieve a person and their level greatness.

If Sarah Palin was preaching Civil Rights in the 60s or Woman's Rights in the 20s, I would have a different opinion of her.:whistle:

Barry, is the Jackie Robinson on black politicians.....He fit, he was unknown and young and good looking. He even had the perfect wife, a strong yet still feminine attractive black woman.
He was married to someone other than Michelle?
The way the left-wing press harped on about her, you'd think she was the next Helen of Troy. Personally, I don't think she is even the next Helen Thomas.

Anyway, Obama is a terrible speaker. The insincerity just pours out of the microphone. It's like listening to Bill Clinton, only without the veneer of practiced charm. Obama is only a good reader, since he has never given a speech without the aid of a teleprompter. Hell, he won't even try to extemporise; he just sticks to the script he is given, which leads many people to think that he doesn't really know what he's doing.
Personally, I don't think he is very intelligent, which is why he only goes with pre-prepared speeches and softball questions from the mainstream media hacks who fawn all over him.

Last edited:
He was married to someone other than Michelle?
The way the left-wing press harped on about her, you'd think she was the next Helen of Troy. Personally, I don't think she is even the next Helen Thomas.

Anyway, Obama is a terrible speaker. The insincerity just pours out of the microphone. It's like listening to Bill Clinton, only without the veneer of practiced charm. Obama is only a good reader, since he has never given a speech without the aid of a teleprompter. Hell, he won't even try to extemporise; he just sticks to the script he is given, which leads many people to think that he doesn't really know what he's doing.
Personally, I don't think he is very intelligent, which is why he only goes with pre-prepared speeches and softball questions from the mainstream media hacks who fawn all over him.

Personnaly, I have not heard one politician give an unprepared speach or answer unscripted questions in recent history.

Personnaly, I have not heard one politician give an unprepared speach or answer unscripted questions in recent history.

Cause they are all fakes. Its a pre-requisite to be a politition

Sent from my rooted HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

that was GWB biggest mistakes....

although it was one of the things i loved about him...

He would speak off the cuff, say what was on his mind and then people would kill him over it.

Politicians today have to have speeches written, because people are going over every word trying to find a reason to be offended.

that was GWB biggest mistakes....

although it was one of the things i loved about him...

He would speak off the cuff, say what was on his mind and then people would kill him over it.

Politicians today have to have speeches written, because people are going over every word trying to find a reason to be offended.

That's because the guy was an idiot - too stupid to keep his mouth shut.

I mean - you can't WRITE this stuff, it's hilarious:

''I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe -- I believe what I believe is right.''
—President George W. Bush, Rome, Italy, July 22, 2001

''Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country.''
—President George W. Bush, Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

''You work three jobs? … Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that.''
—President George W. Bush, to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005

Follow that bad boy up with this!

''I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound largemouth bass in my lake.''
—President George W. Bush, on his best moment in office, interview with the German newspaper Bild am Sonntag, May 7, 2006

''I want you to know. Karyn is with us. A West Texas girl, just like me.''
—President George W. Bush, Nashville, Tenn., May 27, 2004

''The legislature's job is to write law. It's the executive branch's job to interpret law.''
—George W. Bush, Austin, Texas, Nov. 22, 2000

Last one - personal favorite

''It is clear our nation is reliant upon big foreign oil. More and more of our imports come from overseas.''
—President George W. Bush, Beaverton, Ore., Sep. 25, 2000

:usa: :rofl:

If that guy is your idea of "intelligent." Then.....

I agree with Schexy

I mean no disrespect BUT B H Obama is Not the first Black American President.. He is 1/2 white.. Just as much White as he is Black. He is a smart dude But still a puppet . And he doesnt write his own speeches , ( signs of a puppet).. Goodday

If you take a poll of White Americans, 1/2 White would not be the way most describe him. Most African American if not all, can trace back to a white ancestor, yet are still called black. But you are right, many African Americans claim Bill Clinton was the first Black President.:rofl::rofl::rofl::poke:

I challenge you to find a President of top political figure that writes his/her own speaches.

I challenge you to find a President of top political figure that writes his/her own speaches.

I believe Reagan wrote a lot of his own speeches.

GWB was a terrible speaker. His biggest mistake was trying to ad-lib and make jokes. I like the guy, though.
This is my favourite GWB quote: "I want to thank the President and CEO of Constellation Energy, Mayo Shattuck. That's a pretty cool first name, isn't it: 'Mayo'. Pass the Mayo."
His handlers must have cringed every time he went near a microphone.

Also, I too am at a loss as to why people are continually claiming Obama is black, when he is actually half white. A "halfrican", if you will.

GWB was a terrible speaker. His biggest mistake was trying to ad-lib and make jokes. I like the guy, though.
This is my favourite GWB quote: "I want to thank the President and CEO of Constellation Energy, Mayo Shattuck. That's a pretty cool first name, isn't it: 'Mayo'. Pass the Mayo."

Also, I too am at a loss as to why people are continually claiming Obama is black, when he is actually half white. A "halfrican", if you will.

Regan and Bush had speach writers on their payroll. Did they use them much or ad-lib alot, I don't know.

The reason people say Obama is black is because in our not so distant pass there were actual laws that stated what it took to be black or white. Louisiana's law and other states in the south stated 1 drop of black blood made you black. This of course ment that you had to be pure to be white. For a long time there were only 2 choices, so hispanics were often classified as black/*****. There have been law suites filed against the state in the 80s by people challenging what race was placed on their birth certificates. At one time the doctor filled out the birth certificates.

Obama is mullato. At one time in California, a very long time ago, it was against the law to be mullato. The government would pay $50 for the head of a mullato or indian/native american.

Growing up in Louisiana I thought you could only be black or white. Hispanics, Mullatos and mixed people were considered black.

Over the years there have been hundreds of changes to the race sections of applications and birth certificates. I remember seeing Black of Hispanic descent and Black of Asian descent. Lately I have seen Hispanic not of Black descent.

In a nutshell, our history has conditioned us to believe that Obama is Black because you cannot be part white. One day we will forget our history and realize our race is HUMAN.

Last edited:
Nobody writes thier own speeches....you cannot do it. Speeches are too closely scrutinized.

Presidents have paid people to write for them since the first president George Washington.

Bush was such a comical president. I doubt he followed scripts all the time :laugh:

Yeah, his staff must've constantly been thinking, "Just read the speech, George...just read the speech!"

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." --Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

:rofl: :rofl:

I believe speech writers work/ed for both.
While one will be fondly remembered forever and the other may fade quickly I don't think either wrote what they say/said ?
You knock Barack (haha that rhymes :) ) but his speeches elevated him to president which is something MLK did not accomplish.

Ps......Are you feeling ok because it's very strange for Afterhours to START a political thread ? :laugh:

I am an outsider but I will be surprised if he ever makes it to the White House again. At this stage I think America has seen through his speeches.

Its results that count not speeches!

Just my pennies worth!:whistle:

Pine

Back