O2 sensor thread pitch

STevoVIII

Registered
Does anyone know what the thread pitch and size is on the o2 sensor for the second generation busa? I've got a brocks pipe that doesn't come with a factory sensor spot, but I'm going to run the factory ecu and sensor for a little while. I'm going to attempt to source a bung to weld onto the pipe

so, if anyone has a source for the bung or at least the thread specs on the sensor I'd be grateful. I'm out of town for the next 2 months so I can't run out into the garage and measure it sadly.

Thanks and stay fast,
Stephen

hmmm soryy man i couldnt find anything on the net....and i dont have a gen11 to go check it for ya. free bump though:laugh:

I tried looking in the online manual, sometimes with torque specs they provide that kind of info with no avail. I should call yosh or something haha. I doubt I'd get far with that though.

I just ran a tap through the stock O2 bung and it was 12MM X 1.5. If you should need to drill a hole and tap, the drill hole should be 13X32 inch.

Thanks Wiesjon!

That helps a lot. Now I can look for a bung or get some stainless and make my own.

the org always prevails! I was on hold with yoshimura usa for about 20 minz and I said "f dat" ha

Thanks again.
:beerchug:

sweet awesome info to have i would ad a tag to that post for future searches!!!

And guess what?

I got a Call back from Yoshimura, which I was glad to get because I couldn't source anything in that particular size. The closest thing I could find was the OEM ho2s bung dimensions for the jdm sr20. needless to say, still couldn't find a premade bung. But anyways, I talked to Hymie at Yoshimura and he sat me on hold for a second and found out what bungs they used on their production pieces and sent me one that will be waiting for me to weld on as soon as I get home. :bowdown: I guess when I had called earlier I just had gotten them during lunch time ha.

The bung ran me $20 shipped, and is stainless. I guess I'm going to have the only Yoshimura/Brocks hybrid pipe. ha. I know I can get a standard bung a bit cheaper, but what's a few bucks to have the proper piece, and having to make something would cost more in time than having it shipped from Yoshimura. I'm excited, as silly as that seems.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Google O2 bungs, found them for 5.00.

nay. You can find 18x1.5 bungs all day long. I have a tool box full of them from when I worked in a performance shop in Wichita (which the brocks pipe comes with). The hayabusa and a lot of other bikes use a smaller o2 sensor.

Back