full exhaust and the O2 sensor

Karl_1052

Registered
I am considering purchasing the Hindle full race header with an 18" Ti oval can.
the header(the same one that Brocks uses)does not have a bung for the O2 sensor.

Would it be best to have a bung welded on or just live with the FI Light?
What will happen if the FI light is on all the time, will the bike go into a limp home mode?

If it is the same header Brock uses call him and ask him what he did :thumbsup: That is what I would do

I am considering purchasing the Hindle full race header with an 18" Ti oval can.
the header(the same one that Brocks uses)does not have a bung for the O2 sensor.

Would it be best to have a bung welded on or just live with the FI Light?
What will happen if the FI light is on all the time, will the bike go into a limp home mode?

The PCIII corrects :thumbsup:

I would have the bung installed and run the 02 sensor and get it on a dyno to see if further tuning is needed... The 02 sensor is your friend and dumping it is not a good idea.. A fuel system that can "adjust" itself is far superior when working than any "fixed" mode system ..

Here is a "Toyota" PDF that explains the basics of the closed loop system.. although not 100% of what is going on, it does give a bit of insight as to what the fuel system engineers are up too.. There are other sensors (probably omitted to keep it simple..)

http://rloe.com/docs/closedloop.pdf

I understand the basics of a closed loop system, but I have read that the 08 Bus does not use the O2 sensor in the traditional closed loop design.

It is not a traditional closed loop system. Brock's advises to use a PCIII or if you don't want to do that to leave the O2 sensor plugged in and ziptie it up.

It is not a traditional closed loop system. Brock's advises to use a PCIII or if you don't want to do that to leave the O2 sensor plugged in and ziptie it up.

I just unplugged the 02,took it out and used a delete dummy deal I think that came with the power commander,no F1 light.

I understand the basics of a closed loop system, but I have read that the 08 Bus does not use the O2 sensor in the traditional closed loop design.
at WOT they drop off the face of the planet.. but at cruise, they are golden.. if you can get the current box flashed to the correct A/F at WOT, seems you would be way ahead of a $300 PC3.. Really if I was going to spend $300 on a PC3 and the dyno time to set it up, I might think about the bazazz unit and the self mapping features.. (only money right? :) )

Back