O-Ren Ishii has a guest this week...

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
it's an '00 model GSXR that usta be a seriouse racer....gone track bike...and then?...gone to an old FZ1 bud of mine for a song... $1,500...with racetech'ed forks and a penske rear shock under sharkskinz race body-work and plenty of track day lives left in it..however...it's last owner left it sit for 6 months before selling it and it aqquired some carb/tuning issues...and since my bud from gainsville area has a track day scheduled at moroso next weekend?...(40 minutes from my house)..he dropped it off this weekend so i could give the carbs a once over and tun'er up for'im...and i figured before i started the job?...I cleaned up my garage this weekend...1 1/2 days of sort'in, tossing, re-organizing and blow'in out the cobwebs with my air compressor!

but well worth the effort...i let it go waaaay to long and?...well?...it was really bad..so bad in fact that i wouldn't dare show and "before" pix....but now?....

JOHN2.jpg

JOHN1.JPG

How'd I do?

L8R, Bill.

JOHN2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you take a couple pic.'s of it when you get it out of the garage ? (Gixxer) I'd love to see the side !! You might want to take it for a test spin........you know..... to make sure everything is runing right
firedevil.gif

well folks?...ask and you shall recieve...sometimes! LOL!

and todays your lucky day...cause here's what happens when you live in a home full of daughters and shout out..."Okay...who wants to model the racebike?"...

My oldest one...Candice...

JOHNCAN.JPG

my middle one...Marissa

JOHNMAR.JPG

my youngest...Rachel Ann

JOHNRAY.jpg

and?...Megin....Marrisa's friend who was over at the time...

JOHNMEG.JPG

But there's the body work at differing angles...and i'll have plenty more pix of this bike when i start intensive carb surgery tomorrow...L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Jinks, it looks like the girls are modeling the typical Florida riding gear too...

All kidding aside, thanks for sharing...

now c'mon fellers....ya'll ask me for more pix and i give ya 4 of'em and only get back 2 replies?...ain't no men in the house will'in ta give it up for the ladies?...

They are excited and monitoring this thread ya know...so?...wtf?
rock.gif

laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Ok I will bite... I will take the bike and number 4... hold the fries...

has this thing been massaged on the powerplant side? what class racer?

they should be models.

mann jinks the nose on that bike looks very non-aerodynamic. good lookin bike though.

Models! Those girls should be in US magazine! What a fine set of pics to start a calendar with! Man oh man! Those girls sure are photogenic!
Did you say $1500! Damn nice price! Damn nice.

THANKS for the pic.'s JINKS !!! 3 girls....NO wait 3 beautiful girls.....I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU in a couple of years !!! I only have 1 that just turned 12, and I can't stand it !!!  
guns.gif
 boys !!!

When looking at the bike in the first set of pic.'s I was like...yeah that's nice. Now, looking at the whole bike it looks REAL NICE !! Did I read that right, did you say  $1,500 ? WOW !!!

Models!  Those girls should be in US magazine!  What a fine set of pics to start a calendar with!  Man oh man!  Those girls sure are photogenic!  
Did you say $1500!  Damn nice price!  Damn nice.
Thanks Lamb!
biggrin.gif

and just so folks don't think there's a whole lotta who-ha history behind this bike...there isn't...and it's not like an open class gixxer...it's just an '00 model GSX600R that back in '00 (prolly more like '99/early release) its was bought and used as a CCS (read: "club")racer..and when "Central Cycle Racing" was done with it?..(in like '03)......a friend of mine bought it for use as a "track day bike".....and after he was done with it and went "dirtbike"?...he in turn just recently sold it to another friend of mine...and?....

it's NOT all the glamour the photo's make it out to be...it's your typical "track day throw down" sorta bike...oh it's got great suspenders and all but?...it's seen it's share of lowsides....definantly still a track day tool though!
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

awesome, hey my daughters name is Marissa also, i think spelled the same way too...

Jinks--great pics of an old favorite ... and you must be proud of your three beautiful daughters. I like that couch for chillin' and lookin' at the bike! PS What's the deal with all the trophies? Someone's an athlete!

Jinks--great pics of an old favorite ... and you must be proud of your three beautiful daughters. I like that couch for chillin' and lookin' at the bike! PS What's the deal with all the trophies? Someone's an athlete!
well?..there's been "some trouble spots"...uhem...here and there...but overall?...yes...i'm very proud of them...and the trophys?...well?...I shot N.F.A.A./I.B.O. archery competitions from '85 too '92...and at one time i was ranked local club champ and 2nd in my state...the others?...are from when i went from archery too tactical shooting and competeing in 3 gun matches with I.P.S.C/U.S.P.S.A.

trophy.jpg

you know us former U.S. Marines!...

always..."The Man's Man"...and now i own/ride a Busa!

I think the thing i like most about living is pissing off death!

L8R, Bill.

Now that's really impressive ... I like how some of them look like they're on a "grenade" base. Some day, you ought to get a nice case made for them.

well?..there's been "some trouble spots"...uhem...here and there...but overall?...yes...i'm very proud of them...and the trophys?...well?...I shot N.F.A.A./I.B.O. archery competitions from '85 too '92...and at one time i was ranked local club champ and 2nd in my state...the others?...are from when i went from archery too tactical shooting and competeing in 3 gun matches with I.P.S.C/U.S.P.S.A.

trophy.jpg

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
You probably know my buddy Matt Burkett
smile.gif
He can tell you some good stories
smile.gif
(was not my fault I swear)

I used his "unlimited" gun for some home town shoots...what a firearm that thing is..

laugh.gif

smile.gif

trophy.jpg

L8R, Bill.
You probably know my buddy Matt Burkett He can tell you some good stories (was not my fault I swear)

I used his "unlimited" gun for some home town shoots...what a firearm that thing is..
negitive on the Matt Burkett...maybe heard of him but never met or shot with him...i think i was most active more towards the "Chip MCcormick/Rob Lathem/Jerry Miculek/Brian Enos" days.

I started out shooting what i then (and now) affectionately refer to as "Atari Race Guns"...my 1st one was a ported glock 24 longslide with a tasco PDP4 (Beer Can) 40mm Red-dot electronic sight and was fast as he11 w/ it but lost intrest in pistols with slides longer than anyone would typically carry nor did i care for relying on a battery operated sight that ya hafta "turn on" before you shoot...as it seemed to me that there really wasn't much "practical" at all about them...and not benificial towards "good real world practice"...so i went "Mens Limited" (no compensators/iron sights only)...this way?...i don't hafta call a "time-out" so ican run home and get my fancy gun to be good..nor do i hafta ask any possible assailents to please wait until i turn my electronic sight on before we get started!

oh well...sorry for the windy reply!

Back