Nyc parts

BigGeorge

BigGeorge
Donating Member
Registered
I see a triple-chromed adjustable kickstand that I want. I can't find anyone else selling it. I'm leary to buy it because it's from NYC Parts and I've heard some horror stories from people who say they're shipping is horribly slow and they never have anything in stock.

I figure I'll let them explain themselves. So 2 fridays ago I email NYC and say that I'm wanting to buy the kickstand - $180 BTW - but I'm having second thoughts because of the stories I've heard. On Saturday I get an email from the owner, Craig Kabot, who explains that they have the kickstand in stock and ready for shipping. On Sunday I purchase the kickstand and include this in my Paypal payment:

Please be sure that my stand ships according to the requirements and expectations indicated on your aution page: "Items will be shipped immediately (within 24-36 hours) upon receipt of payment. All of our parts are in stock and ready to ship to you now!". If this is not possible, please refund my money immediately.

I immediately get an email back from Keith Sabalja of NYC saying that they received the order and will ship it on Monday via Priority mail.

-Wednesday comes... no kickstand.
-Thursday comes... no kickstand.
-I call NYC on Thrusday afternoon... no return call.
-Friday comes... no kickstand.
-I call NYC on Friday and speak to the owner. "George, I'll have an answer for you by the end of business today and call you." I don't get a call.
- Saturday comes... no kickstand.
-I call NYC and speak to the owner again. "Well George, here's what happened. When you placed your order on Sunday, Keith was right when he said he would ship it on Monday. But then one of our distributors called in a huge order for 12 of everything and someone shipped him your kickstand in that order. But here's what I'll do, because I know you're unhappy. I'm getting an order of kickstands on Monday and I'll overnight it to you so you'll have it Tuesday. Call me on Monday afternoon and I'll give you the tracking number. And everything you buy from us in the future will either be discounted or free shipping".

So I figure, why not... I can wait 2 more days.

-Today I call him twice... no return call. I get home a few minutes ago and he sent me an email saying that he still doesn't have the kickstand in stock. And he tells me he'll refund my money if I want.

So, I say to myself... I fuckin' knew it! I shouldn't have done it. I shouldn't have trusted them.

Lesson learned!

Anyone know where I can get one of these?

BusaKickstand2.jpg

<!--EDIT|BigGeorge
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153283150 -->

Unbelievable. One would think that putting them on the spot up front would have caused them to jump thru thier o-rings to make a good sale so they can redeem some of thier reputation. Guess Not. Good luck on getting your $$ back.

Don

Unbelievable.  One would think that putting them on the spot up front would have caused them to jump thru thier o-rings to make a good sale so they can redeem some of thier reputation.  Guess Not.  Good luck on getting your $$ back.

Don
Thanks, Don. If everything went well with the sale, I would have told everyone here about the exerience. But noooo!

I'll get my money back. I've never had a problem getting my money when I use paypal. If my money isn't refunded tomorrow I'll file a claim.

-G

I had one of the worst, dealing with these guys!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!!

I'll say it again.....
PAIN is usually the only way to get thru to some people.....

That really sux for you George.
What gets me is that you drop 2 or tree hunred in a heartbeat.Should be a businessmans best dream.

<!--EDIT|brendanp
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153302728 -->

The guys at NYC took a while to ship my first undertail to me about 2 years ago, I emailed them and they sent me a set of dog bones for the bike for free just to make me happy. Just like most people if you are nice and talk to them with civility, they are more than happy to work with you. I haven't purchased anything from them since but it was not because of the slow shipping or bad customer service.

sux you had a bad experiance!
i ordered from them in the past and have no complaints, but i will deff think twice b4 spending any more money there...

Wow I have also ordered two or three things and worked out fine, in fact faster than I had thought. Sounds like they are hit and miss. I have a hugger, and undertail and I think something else from them, at least those two items. Ordered at different times. Sorry to hear about your pain.

Wow I have also ordered two or three things and worked out fine, in fact faster than I had thought.  Sounds like they are hit and miss.  I have a hugger, and undertail and I think something else from them, at least those two items.  Ordered at different times.  Sorry to hear about your pain.
+1 I got that stand, my trip tree, and bones from them with no problem.

Hit or miss.

not to thread-jack here...but hey!!! speedemon n heavybusa-where u been hiding?? aint heard from ya on here in a minute-everything cool witcha?

back to u G-man, I heard stories about those f'k ups at NYC from my mechaninc @ Zuki dealership...sorry u had to find out the hard way bro! I'll keep my eyes peeled for a kick stand like that, but if it doesn't have Busa logo, just straight polished or chrome, is that ok? I'll PM ya if i find anything.
oh-good news!!! my site should be up by end of the week-setting up the merchant account now...but I'm dealing with a newbie, so the going is s-l-o-w.....:p

Late last night I emailed them back and took them up on their offer to refund my money, and today they gave me the refund through Paypal...
cool.gif

The owner emailed me this morning... "Sorry, about this very annoying sitution. Happy to discount any chrome part in the future."
cool.gif

I was never rude to them, but I also indicated in a no-nonsense manner that I wasn't prepared to wait a month or more for a kickstand and then be forgotten about. If he could have given me a definitive date when I could have expected it, I would have considered it. But he wasn't sure so I took the refund.

I posted this follow-up as a means for people to make thier own decision. In this case it's important for everyone to know the outcome.

cool.gif

back to u G-man, I heard stories about those f'k ups at NYC from my mechaninc @ Zuki dealership...sorry u had to find out the hard way bro! I'll keep my eyes peeled for a kick stand like that, but if it doesn't have Busa logo, just straight polished or chrome, is that ok? I'll PM ya if i find anything.

oh-good news!!! my site should be up by end of the week-setting up the merchant account now...but I'm dealing with a newbie, so the going is s-l-o-w.....:p
Scott:

It doesn't need the kanji or the "Hayabusa" name engraved. But I do want a chromed adjustable kickstand. Any help would be appreciated.

Your site... been buidling sites like that for almost 11-years, marketing them, and managing them. I can take care of you if you need me, just ask.

-G

Back