Numbers, Lies, & Videotape

RidersNation

Stud Muffin
Donating Member
Registered
Funny story had to share... I have alot of 'em you know...hehe

Ok there was a guy who was claiming that his bike was capable of 206 rwhp. All the right parts were there, it was built by a reputable East Coast guy and he had a witness. (JC is rolling his eyes about now..hehe) Problem was everytime he
went to dyno his bike locally (West Coast) it never went over 165 rwhp. this bike was only stock cosmetically 'cause this dude had cha-ching in his motor. Big difference.

Well the reason was this, the dyno reading at the session where it made big numbers was due to three things that were most likely to be in the real world and not in a shop unless of course the shop was simulating the real world.

1) A humidifier and A/C unit was hooked up to the Intake of the bike.

2) A Premium Racing fuel was used.

3) the strapping of the bike to the dyno was done in such a way that it was very close to the actual physical convention that happens when the bike is on the open road.

This was learned later after the guy called the builder on his numbers saying that why can't the bike do this again. He just figured a dyno was a dyno. and when they picked it up, he saw it. this wasn't a trick by the mechanic, it was a real pull and it took some work to make it happen. The Point!!??!

Conditions are the Point for argument. You could be out in the desert, middle of the heat, and your bike will be running crappy and feel gutless, but the next time you are out in the dark and it is cool your bike will feel like it could break the land speed record.

Always remember that You don't have to Lie to kick it. So what if your bike is not the fastest. the most powerful. The shiniest. There are bragging rights and then there are "I would if I can!" and "I couldn't 'cause I won't".

If you work hard and put alot of $$$, OT and sweat into your ride, Real people will recognize that you did, and give you props. I hate these, (you know theM) lame ass guys who have money, NO heart, big mouths and are so inept that they have everyone else do their work for them and always put down the real guys who put in work, when they really do not have any grasp of what it feels like to build, tune and ride their own. It makes me sick. Especially when they take credit for others work. If you got it flaunt it. But just because someone else doesn't, don't put them down. Friends are friends. Just respect those who want to keep it real and show the world what they can do even if it isn't the best, greatest fastest, shiniest bike ever.

The real members of this site, who watch and are slow to speak, who help out the little guys so they can too be confident and successful in their endeavors, the ones who might not be so accepting at FIRST but until they get to know you are,....Helmets off to you, a cold one we will toast, you are appreciated.  

The insulting, condescending, little knuckleheads who always have something bad to say or think that only the people and
places that are relevant to them are important or count,
PUT UP OR SHUT Up!!! You will not get respect unless you respect us.

If you have something to contribute to our knowledge, experience or well being, set forth...the other poop is really irrelevant to our lives. Hayabusas are our passion.

Thanks Guys

The Daimyo
Riders Nation Pres.

<!--EDIT|RidersNation
Reason for Edit: "Changes..."|1097606619 -->

soapbox.gif
wink.gif
super.gif

Moral of the story...

1.  Tune it to where you live

2.  Power commander is there to go up and down based on humidity.

3.  A Premium Racing fuel high octane should be used for large motors, NOS and Turbos, so the motor is not over taxed then tune for what you  will use.

4.  Tell the tuner how and where you will be riding.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: "ooops"|1097682285 -->

The point about weather and conditions can't be overstated.  Hell you can feel it everyday if you pay attention...  

You may not notice the lack of air density as much on a Busa or at sea level, but it's still there.

Oh don't forget altitude = less oxygen = Less power in a N/A motor.  Turbo's not so much.  I think it's a 3% loss for every 1000 feet above sea level for an N/A motor...  No sh!t... FI helps keep a motor driveable, but there is still power loss..

If you have something to contribute to our knowledge, experience or well being, set forth...the other poop is really irrelevant to our lives. Hayabusas are our passion.
[/QUOTE]

Hell I'll ask, What's up man, you got heat with the Board?  Or is this something offline/Real World?"  And are you speaking for this Board?  Just In general terms, or your Club?  I ask cause you start using the terms "we" and "Our"... and just sorta head South East from there...  Just trying to figure out what your aiming at.

In regards to Dyno numbers, does anyone know how much of a part Wheel spin might play when you have a Busa or Other large displacement bike strapped down?

Sorry for the tangental thread, I was speaking for the people I know from here tht are always there to help and put in work to keep this going. for theOnes who have helped people who I know that are both on here and not on here. I have been watching and listening to some, who are notdoing anything but trying to stir up the crowd for turmoils sake. Those of you who have PM ed Me or said "Cool", "Way to go", "hope I could help" Thanks. As far as the story above it was to show that there ARE always conditions and There ARE always mistakes, but when you start making excuses because you KNOW that YOU can't, Throw a towel in. Don't lie about your bike and what it can do. It's about the rider not the bike.

I love this board and all the moderators are outstanding people. Every board is different but I am partial to here. I am not new to this board. This is just a different name and I like the way it has evolved. As far as wheel slippage look at the stock offering when they do a pull. Putting on GP tires adds to it no doubt.
And depending on what kind of track and where it is. Is definitley crucial. When Baylands Raceway was in the Bay Area, motors were maiking crazy numbers due to it being so close to the ocean, but since it was cool tires weren't gripping and there were 150 mph slideout crash and burns. In contrast, Famosa and Sacramento are famous for their dry heat and the tires were sticky, but the motors were taxed do extreme temperature.

Oh 1 more thing!!!
Is anyone going to Laguna Seca this Year?
rock.gif

. If so you better get a room because I have been asking about rooms around here and they are filling up fast, as well as availability of tickets. Believe me, when Cannery Row happens on Fri and Sat Nite the Racers will be mingling down here, and IT's gonna be NUTS!!!

They love the fans and It is the first time in over ten years they have been in the states. If you need info hit me up. I live here and know alot about the area.

Roy "the Daimyo"
Riders Nation

Sorry for the tangental thread, I was speaking for the people I know from here tht are always there to help and put in work to keep this going. for theOnes who have helped people who I know that are both on here and not on here. I have been watching and listening to some, who are notdoing anything but trying to stir up the crowd for turmoils sake. Those of you who have PM ed Me or said "Cool", "Way to go", "hope I could help" Thanks. As far as the story above it was to show that there ARE always conditions and There ARE always mistakes, but when you start making excuses because you KNOW that YOU can't, Throw a towel in. Don't lie about your bike and what it can do. It's about the rider not the bike.

I love this board and all the moderators are outstanding people. Every board is different but I am partial to here. I am not new to this board. This is just a different name and I like the way it has evolved. As far as wheel slippage look at the stock offering when they do a pull. Putting on GP tires adds to it no doubt.
And depending on what kind of track and where it is. Is definitley crucial. When Baylands Raceway was in the Bay Area, motors were maiking crazy numbers due to it being so close to the ocean, but since it was cool tires weren't gripping and there were 150 mph slideout crash and burns. In contrast, Famosa and Sacramento are famous for their dry heat and the tires were sticky, but the motors were taxed do extreme temperature.  

Oh 1 more thing!!!
Is anyone going to Laguna Seca this Year?
rock.gif

. If so you better get a room because I have been asking about rooms around here and they are filling up fast, as well as availability of tickets. Believe me, when Cannery Row happens on Fri and Sat Nite the Racers will be mingling down here, and IT's gonna be NUTS!!!

They love the fans and It is the first time in over ten years they have been in the states. If you need info hit me up. I live here and know alot about the area.

Roy "the Daimyo"
Riders Nation
Missed this years event. Next year I want to get out and meet all my West Coast friends.

I see your point, but what brought all this on?
rock.gif
BTW, I'll definitely be back in Laguna in '05.
biggrin.gif

Just everyday board life i guess. just seems every time there is a post about HP or related, someone has to fill it up with B/S.

Back