Gen II dyno number

s3ns4i

Registered
Well guys I finally went to have my bike put on the dyno. Needless to say I was NOT happy with the outcome. The bike has the following:

13k miles
dyno jet ignition module
dyno jet pcv
dyno jet quickshifter
full brocks alien head 2 exhaust
custom tune from the place I was getting the work done at.

After having my bike sitting on the dyno for over an hour with no work done to it.. it seemed the tech had the wires on my injectors wired wrong so when he was adding fuel it was not working properly. After getting that done he was able to give me a custom map and ended up with 175hp ( his guess was 173) on 93 pump gas.

After doing a search here and looking to see what others were getting, it seems most were 180+. Do you guys think i need a new tune? I have the tunes that were sent from Brocks I can try and see if there is a difference between the two ( I have a map selector switch)

The day it was dyno'd it was only 86 out (90 in the dyno room)

Sorry guys I'm still pretty new to this as I have only been riding for a total of 8 months ( bought bike with 0 miles on it) but anything else I can do to increase hp and get into the 180-190+ range that I see most of you are getting?

runs great. Bike was brand new when I purchased it and I've taken great care since I've had it. It just doesn't seem right to me.

Did you get a stock base line? Mine did 174 stock, 191 with AH exhaust pc 3, Xtre, and dyno time.

I asked for one and he didn't do it. He spent about an hour or so on the dyno and see that was as good as she was gonna get. 175... I'm thinking to myself that's good time stock numbers although i dont have a baseline to even go off of. Its the only place with a dyno close by me so im worried that im fucked. poop was not cheap either

i would have walked out the moment he said he wouldnt do a base pull... that indicates to me he is not confident that his work will make more power than when it came in.. folks always remember you are a paying costumer, you should get what you ask for not what they feel for..

You should be making a lot more power. Find a dyno somewhere else and get a new baseline as it sits right now. Just to make sure he didnt mess up his numbers somewhere.

May not be that much. Get a new baseline for a second opinion and take it back. Make them fix it. Sounds like a slightly modified stock map.

guys... really we should be comparing SAE numbers... dyno sheets anyone? Because if we aren't using SAE numbers.... some people make some great numbers with great great air.... but SAE numbers allow us to compare numbers the most realistically...

Last edited:
Everyone does a base line before tuning because numbers mean nothing if it has nothing to compare to. How could he know if his "tweak" went up or down.
You can put a bike on five different Dynos and get five wildly different numbers and most are inflated to make them look good. My dyno guy says right off that his is a rude machine that won't give you happy pie in the sky ego boosting numbers, and I don't care about any of that, just the base to tune differences at peak and 2.2 second numbers etc.

Everyone does a base line before tuning because numbers mean nothing if it has nothing to compare to. How could he know if his "tweak" went up or down.
You can put a bike on five different Dynos and get five wildly different numbers and most are inflated to make them look good. My dyno guy says right off that his is a rude machine that won't give you happy pie in the sky ego boosting numbers, and I don't care about any of that, just the base to tune differences at peak and 2.2 second numbers etc.
sae numbers wont be wildly different dyno to dyno... as long as the operator isn't dishonest... I can tell u that PH gives baseline/ uncorrected and sae printouts... and explains the different numbers in detail.... I have about a dozen printouts for the different boost levels..... any great tuner SHOULD explain what these numbers mean and how they are calculated, and not just say "my dyno is stingy and i don't play games." ALSO.. airfuel is displayed also.. look at this work of art from frank... airfuel displayed... didn't go near the limiter... SAE and uncorrected values displayed.... bike has cams but the limiter was never bumped up or ran into.....

WIN_20180717_09_52_12_Pro.jpg

WIN_20180717_09_02_31_Pro.jpg

WIN_20180724_15_13_48_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
sae numbers wont be wildly different dyno to dyno... as long as the operator isn't dishonest... I can tell u that PH gives baseline/ uncorrected and sae printouts... and explains the different numbers in detail.... I have about a dozen printouts for the different boost levels..... any great tuner SHOULD explain what these numbers mean and how they are calculated, and not just say "my dyno is stingy and i don't play games." ALSO.. airfuel is displayed also.. look at this work of art from frank... airfuel displayed... didn't go near the limiter... SAE and uncorrected values displayed.... bike has cams but the limiter was never bumped up or ran into.....

View attachment 1583826

View attachment 1583827

View attachment 1583828
pump gas 93 octane runs..... 18 pounds of boost... full disclosure..... integrity is everything..... as u can see in the post... the SAE number was LESS than the uncorrected number... due to the fact that at 393 Hp the bike had some realllly good air..... the SAE number adjusts for air qualityconditions.... texas air is different from NY air...…

im stuck on 2014 busa with 0 miles 8 months ago and now has 13k. that's riding time
I know... I work so much its hard to get a lot of miles in.. then i had training today... shooting range... but yesterday i got exposed (sprayed) with the latest greatest OC pepper spray the department is using.... it is STILL burning my eyes... UNREAL... and I had PLANNED on doing some riding... my whole face feels sunburned

pump gas 93 octane runs..... 18 pounds of boost... full disclosure..... integrity is everything..... as u can see in the post... the SAE number was LESS than the uncorrected number... due to the fact that at 393 Hp the bike had some realllly good air..... the SAE number adjusts for air qualityconditions.... texas air is different from NY air...…

Yes. I see you're dyno run was at almost an extra inch of mercury on the barometer (that's some high pressure) and a few degrees cooler and the humidity is ridiculously low. 23% is too funny. Today I'm in a lab in new England that's air conditioned and still struggling at 68% RH.

We only get lower corrected numbers in New England in the fall when it cools off and dries out. LOL

Back