Nowhere safe

Sangai

mirror man
Donating Member
Registered
Good news: i'm getting brand new, free set of fairings
Bad news: no more clean title
sad.gif

So it was on Saturday, when i took me baby for quick run to hardware store. Parked nicely on almost empty lot and headed inside.
Few min later i heard one of the store employees: "Whos gray bike was parked outside?" - dang - i tought - guy is color blind ( 05LE ), but then other words hit me "was parked outside"...

So heres my busa, standing in exactly same spot i left her (well few inches to the side), but... pinned between 2 cars. I stood there trying to figure out how was that possible, and finally eye witness explained to me, that lady who was parking her car in the space in front of my bike hit accelerator pedal and not brake. She jumped forward hitting car parked next to my bike, bounced off it and pushed my bike against second car parked on my other side.
Not much damage, just few paint scratches on fairings ... nothing break, chipped etc.

So all i need is to buy a tank and good painter for whole set of custom painted fairings. Anyone knows good painters in TBay area?

Damn, that sucks! Glad you weren't still on the bike when it happened. I'm guessing she had insurance and will be paying? Make sure you get the bike checked out completely.

Yeah, her insurance takes 100% liability for it.

Took all fairings off, then went to the dealers for estimate. Showed them fairings, they looked over the bike. They really were looking for that one scratch on the frame to call it totaled, but didnt find anything.
so, new set of fairings, bar ends, stator cover, left clutch lever, 2 mirrors all had minor scratches. Right turnsignal broke.
total estimate $2657

i'm just bummed about the title. Wonder how it will appear on it.

<!--EDIT|Sangai
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148361638 -->

Her insurance specifically asked for VIN# on estimate. I only assume they mess up with the title since bike was in the "crash" and they'll be covering the damage?

nah...they shouldn't mess with the title. They just ask for the VIN to verify it's your bike and stuff like that.

Your title will still be clean.
smile.gif

Hmm, maybe its time to look into some OPP carbon Fiber fairings, since your forced to replace parts.

The title won't be affected, if you mean like a salvage title or anything... they take the VIN in case of future claims; if you go to sell the bike, you'll have to say that there was an accident, but the title won't change....
Man, I am sorry to hear about your scoot. Anything that I can do?

Thankfully you were not sitting on the bike when it happened! I can imagine the sick feeling you must have had in the pit of your stomach when the employee asked about the bike parked outside. Sucks.

You're title is clean.  The bike has to be totalled before they put it on a salvage title. And even then, as long as you repair the bike completely, you can have the salvaged titled removed and have a clean title again.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148398803 -->

Tell me about it my last bike was stolen right out of my back yard in a shed and it was locked up and it was winter and snowing!

Back