Now here is some total Horse Power

Well i ahve to agree on my spelling. What can I say.
biggrin.gif
I nver noticed hp missing on the lower gears on my bike. I seemed to get a little more kick in 1st and 2nd. That was pre turbo. I run negative timing now as high as -10 on the top -4 in mid and -1 to 0 on the bottom.(or was that buttum) Hey I am glad that I can make you smile.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Forgive me Brock. I am stealing from your site here.

"(TRE) available for the 2000 and ‘01 Hayabusa. This is a great mod for guys who race at Bonneville, have several of miles of speed limit free roads in their area (I wish!) or like to practice wheelies. If you like to drag race or do roll-on's , this product will SLOW YOU DOWN! We have tested it time and time again on different bikes at the drag strip with the same results- around one tenth and 1 ½- 2 mph slower. The track measures performance and does not lie when used properly. The bike does have more “seat of the pantsâ€￾ grunt for about the first 5 feet in 1st gear (or up to 4500 rpm) then is confused into thinking that it is in 5th gear all of the time, even though it is in 1st, 2nd, etc. I’ll bet that big-buck Suzuki R&D team didn’t place all of those different load maps in the ECM for no reason! -BD-

That is a nice explanation, but leaves the void - How does it slow the bike down??

I guess what I need to see is:

1) stock timing 1st gear @ 9000 rpm
2) stock timing 5th gear @ 9000 rpm

If the timing is less advanced at higher rpm's in 5th than it is in 1st, that would make sense.

Don't know? but in 1st, 2nd, and third I lost top end hp. My bike is a stock bore/stroke stock cams 02 Dyno Mule. I was 191.2, 192.1, 191.9 in respectivly in the first three gears with TRE. Without it made 194.3, 194.6, 195.1. I am not all that consistant at the track, but Brock, and Dustin are. They post different times with and without.

Thanks man... all that info is helpful.
I think I'm okay with the TRE for a while. I don't drag, and not enough riders out here to get into a roll-on with. Even with TRE, I would take anything out here as there is only 3 busas in a 50 mile radius here. TRE helps me in town and pullin out of a twistie. That's about all I'm doin now. Hope to hit the track this summer, though. Need to get Thinker involved too. I don't want to go there my first time alone.
Changing subject - suggestions for the first time at the track?

cool.gif

ahh.. I didn't realize they would do something like that.. Looks cool .

I was just reading where you were talking about wind resistance and figured lowering it would get rid of some of the problem.
Yes you are correct, It will help with wind a little.
Just paint it Blue and Silver no more problems.
That silver\blue should give a couple M.P.H. !! Lol !! A lit cheaper than all that engine work!

grinser048.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
From TDC

It depends,the TRE changes your timing under 4000RPM usually timing changes require fuel changes as well. It is possible to loose hp thru the gears after a tre install with no fuel correction.

Back