Notabusa

buda315

Registered
Hi, it has been a while since my last confession... I mean post.

Anyway... I recently bought a 2002 SV650, hence NOTABUSA. Still saving up for the busa.

Just curious, I have read and heard so much about the SV650, but don't hear that much about the SV1000S. Are they that similar to ride or does the larger engine, tire and extra weight change the riding experience that much???

The 650 has been a blast to ride. Former harley rider and am new to a bike that can really handle. I really like the 650, but of course entertain the thought of more power.

Anybody that can post similarities and differrences in the riding experience between the 650 and 1000, as well as the MIGHTY BUSA would be appreciated. I have very limited experience on an odd assortment of sportbikes, so I am trying to understand what it is that I like and am looking for. Hated the '05 R1, really liked a busa I road once, but have forgot what it was like, thus the reason I am posting this question. So, next bike SV1000 or Busa and which is more comfortable as a sporty-sport tourer?
rock.gif

Actually a SV650 is often called HALFABUSA.

That was my first real street bike. It was a pretty nimbe and definately a fun bike.

I ride with a couple of guys who have SV1000s. The bikes are quick. I have to work hard to keep the Busa up with them through the twisties. The full fairing SV looks really sharp. If twisties and insurance rates are your primary concern, I'd go with the SV1000. The insurance companies classify it as a standard bike not a sport bike. Of course, if you want the best all around bike, the Busa is king.

I actually have in my garage, an 03 SV1000s and a Busa. The SV is a really nice bike. It has good power and handels well. I don't think it has the "perfect balance" of the 650, and is overlooked because of it. That twin makes great sounds, and just begs to be ridden hard.

And about the time I'm thinking its perfect, I go start the busa, and nothing is the same
biggrin.gif

Have a '03.  Didn't keep me from adding a Busa to the collection though.  Plenty of bike, great fuel injection set-up, and love the insurance rates.  Full coverage is less then 1/4 of what my Busa is.

<!--EDIT|grand
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153262541 -->

mysv1000.JPG

Sporty Sports Tourer, the SV is you best bet
wink.gif
, but for the Best Grand Tourer you can't beat the Busa
tounge.gif

I actually have in my garage, an 03 SV1000s and a Busa. The SV is a really nice bike. It has good power and handels well. I don't think it has the "perfect balance" of the 650, and is overlooked because of it. That twin makes great sounds, and just begs to be ridden hard.

And about the time I'm thinking its perfect, I go start the busa, and nothing is the same
biggrin.gif
Man, wish my Busa had a stable mate.... gotta get my wife riding again...

Back