Hi All! Just Wanted to introduce myself

Happy to have you here! Welcome and...yes... there is an endless stream of good info and advice!!! Glad you found your way here!!!

welcome!
smile.gif

Welcome to the board
beerchug.gif
cool.gif

If you want to save some money to put towards your future mods, I have a Busa for sale. Link below.
wink.gif

Thanks for all the welcome's!!! I'm glad to be joining your company!

I appreciate the questions about the FZ1 - hopefully this will help put things in perspective and provide a little insight into my personality.

First, I wish I had a solid logical reason to change things on the FZ or any other bike for that matter; but if I were to be honest, its because I just plain find it fun to make changes to the mechanical things in my life. Even the part of budgeting for the next mod and negotiating ( oops I mean selling the safety advantages of making a change ) with the CFO (AKA Wife). Its all good...

I'm not really into the bling-bling type mods, although I appreciate them. The ones that get me most jazzed are performance related. I like the feeling of the first ride after making change. Then I like exploring the change further and further there after.

The FZ1 is a good bike in stock form, good torque, HP etc.. My main reason for purchase was that it was very comfortable but had some R1 characteristics. I knew I would be commuting roughly 100 miles a day for work and the R1's riding position just did not work for me. Ultimately, my mission has been to make the FZ perform better but keep its comfortable demenor.

I will be keeping the FZ after the busa purchase, but will probably only ride it on rainy days or when the Busa is being worked on.

FZ1 Mod list: Full suspension upgrade, Ivan's jet Kit, Yosh Ti header & can, Intake mod W/ K&N filter, Brake lines & pads, Gearing, Air Horns, Headlight modulator, rear hugger, windscreen it goes on but gets a little embarassing...

The Busa is so good out of the box that I don't know where I'll start. But I doubt I will be able to resist making some minor changes the day I bring it home. I will probably change the windscreen, add helibars, elliminate the fender and add an Air Horn first. Later I will move to the brakes, intake, exhaust etc.. I have been using the search function on the board to research the basic changes. Thanks to all that post, there is a wealth of information here!

Thanks all I truely feel welcome!

Welcome , I had an FZ1, it was a great bike. You will love the busa, it's awesome.

Cache asks Why the airhorn... The stock horn is BAD. I got a 130Db one that bolted in place of the stock one. It really helps.

Look at the Laminar Lip in the windscreen replacement search, I like mine.

Back