Bugsy

Registered
AFRICAN REFUGEES FOUNDATION (AREF)
BADAGRY CAMP.
LOME/NIGERIAN BOUNDARY.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have a business request, which I want you to assist my family. I got
your address through an international search directory in my bid to
find a foreign reliable partner who could be of assistance to us.

In brief introduction, I am Prince Nasir Mohammed Koroma, a citizen of
Sierra Leone, and the eldest son of Chief Tarawally Koroma S. Our
country has in the past been involved in a horrible and hostile war in which
Revolutionary United Front (RUF) led by Foday Sankoh committed so many
atrocities against humanity.
My father, who was a collaborator with the rebels, was killed during
the war, because of his inability to produce over Twenty Two Million
United States Dollars (US$22,000,000.00) given to him by the Revolutionary
United Front (RUF) rebels for the procurement of arms and ammunition.

However, truth and evidence has unfolded matters that we saw his death
as a sacrifice for restoration of peace in our dear country. Before my
fathers death, during one of our visits to him while in detention, he
disclosed to us an existence of the money which was used to execute a
private contract with the federal ministry of Finance in Nigeria instead
of procurement of arms and ammunition as the Revolutionary United Front
(RUF) rebels instructed him.

We immediately went back home and took to my fathers advice and fled
out of the country through the coastal river after days of sea travel to
Nigeria. Withholding truth of the whole matter. This we have done for
security reasons and kept down documents which my father instructed us
to use and secure the money with help of a foreign firm or partner as he
informed us that the total sum will be Amounting US$31,000,000.00
(Thirty One Million United States Dollars).

Please note that before this fund will be transferred to you
arrangements must have been concluded by you to receive us in your country and to
assure that you will not abandon us after you have received the funds.
This is because on our side here in refugee camp we do not have
anything in the camp here to delay after you have received the funds. Even as
I write to you, we have confirmed the payment schedule that was out
from the Federal Ministry of Finance showing they are ready to remit the
transfer into any account of the Beneficiary.

We are currently in Nigeria on refugee status, although the war has
ended but we have considered it unsafe to remain here neither to return
back to our country, since we have lost our breadwinner and all our
properties confiscated by the new Government of President Ahmed Tejan
Kabbah.

I have limited knowledge in the business world, hence the reason for
soliciting your assistance to please make adequate arrangements for us in
your country and to guide us invest this money after we have arrive
your country. I have the consent of my mother and we have resolved that we
will look to percentage that will suit you as the transaction
commences.

Every arrangement to put you as the sub-contractor to enable the funds
transfer into any account of your choice is guaranteed and it is hitch-
free and risk-free involvement. I await your quick response through
this email address: (Nasirkoroma.p@Caramail.Com) to enable me give you
further details.

Thanks and God bless.

Yours faithfully,

PRINCE NASIR MOHAMMED KOROMA

First time I've seen one like that. The power of the internet.

Dude, Where do I sign up.... He's got some crazy efficient wireless obviously... Seeing as it's being written from a refugee camp...
laugh.gif

I hope the person that sent you this one gets his nuts caught in a blender filled with iodine and glass shards...
mad.gif

Scumbags...

stopped reading after the first line. life's too short to waste

yeah just give the "Prince" your routing and checking number with your date of birth, social security number and your mothers maiden name and wait for the money transfer.:laugh:

I've received that exact same email for about a year now. For a person who has no business knowledge, this person is certainly well-versed. Not until the end of the email is where you can really start to decipher that this person is seemingly a foreigner. This one definitely needs to be put on spam blocker.

The Nigerian scam has been going on for decades, I have actual letters sent from Nigeria from a time before email came into common usage.

After receiving these for some time I had the thought of sending them to eachother! Saved their email addys and forwarded one to another. Haven't gotten many since.

I must get a dozen a day.

Every so often I pick one and play along.

Right now I'm on layover in Texas and will be heading out on flight 46 for Amsterdam shortly.
smile.gif

Been playing along with these idiots since mid September.  I originally wanted them to waste money on sending info to a fake address but in the end it gets even better.

Here's a few of the very last emails, my replies are in red.  Anybody want to guess how pissed off Mr. Alan Foster is going to be when I don't show at the airport tomorrow morning?
smile.gif

I even made it sound legit by getting all the flight and hotel info off travelocity.com.

If anyone wants I can put up a web page with all the emails, it's kinda funny how oblivious these idiots can be.

At 02:19 AM 11/4/2004 -0800, you wrote:

ATTENTION: GEORGE,

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPOND TO MY MAIL,I UNDERSTAND YOU FEELING BUT I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT THIS IS BIG DEVELOPMENT AND EVERY THING PARTAINING THIS TRANSACTION HAS HANDED TO ME TO SECURE.RIGHT NOW I AM MAILING YOU FROM THE DIPLOMATIC COMPANY ON HOW THE SHIPMENT WILL SHEDULE, THE SHIPMENT WILL COMENCE TODAY 4TH NOVERMBER SO THE DIPLOMAT WILL CONTACT YOU AS SOON AS THE LUGGAGE GET TO NETHERLAND, I ADVICE YOU TO BE CHECKING YOU MAIL ALL THE TIME

FUTHERMORE, IT IS PERTINENT TO INTIMATE ON HOW DELIBRATE WITH THEM THAT THE LUGGAGE HAS BEEN CUMMULATED A DUMORAGE COST AND ALSO YOU WILL PAY FOR HANDLING CHARGES IN POINT COLLECTION OVERTHERE IN NETHERLAND.AND THAT COST $6,530 US DOLLARS

<span style='color:darkred'>Why did this just go from $1500 delivered to my house to $6530 if I fly out to the Netherlands to pick up this luggage?  I don't mind paying the extra money as long as I'm dealing with someone IN PERSON but I'd like to know why the cost just went up $5000.00?

Am I going to see this luggage before handing over any money?

Seeing that it's already Thursday evening I doubt I'll be able to make it there on Saturday.  As it is right now I can't make any flight plans since you won't tell me who I'm supposed to meet and WHERE I'm supposed to meet this person.  Will I be doing this deal at the airport and if so what airport?  Outside the airport? What type of payment will this person accept?  US. Cash? Check? Bank Check? Travelers Check? Money Order?  You need to start giving me more detailed information if you want this happen this weekend.

George Sputnik</span>

_

<span style='color:darkred'>To George Muoh
To Tom Williams

Dear sirs,

Thank you George Muoh for replying in a timely manner.

Unfortunately I cannot secure a flight for this Saturday.  I have booked a flight which will depart O'Hare Airport in Chicago on Monday November 8th at 3:05 pm.  There will be one layover in Texas and after that it will be a direct flight to Schiphol Airport.  

I will arrive in Amsterdam at 11:40 am on Tuesday November 9th by way of Continental Airlines FLIGHT 46.

I have booked a room at the NH Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky.
Location is DAM 9, Amsterdam which I believe is less than 10 miles from the Schiphol Airport.  I feel this should be a convenient location for all of us.

I am taking personal days off work for this matter so my time will be limited.  I am scheduled to leave on  Thursday November 11th at 1:30 pm. on Continental Airlines FLIGHT 71.

I feel that doing this during normal business days will be less of a hassle than trying to transfer monies on a Saturday/Sunday weekend.

I have a room booked at the hotel but will not know the exact room number until I arrive.  You will be able to ask for me by name at the front desk.  I have a remote POP email account so I will be able to communicate with you through this email address using my laptop PC.
If for some reason my email account is not working you will also be able to reach me at:
cxturbo@cybikomail.net

I still need to know in what form you would like the funds?  I have the cash, however if you need a bank check or money order I will need to know soon as all banks in the US are closed on Sunday.  I would prefer to convert the cash on Saturday as Monday will be hectic with getting to O'Hare Airport.

Thank you my friends and I look forward to hearing from you soon,

George Sputnik</span>

ATTENTION:GEORGE,
THANKS FOR YOUR MESSAGE, PRIOR TO YOUR QUESTION ABOUT THE FEES. AFTER MUCH DELEBRATELY WITH THE COMPANY THEY MADE ME KNOW THAT THE LUGGAGE HAS CUMORATE DUMORRAGE AND ALSO IT IS THEIR OBLIGATION THAT WE WILL PAY FOR HANDLING CHARGES IN POINT OF COLLECTION. SO THAT MAKE THE FEES INCREASED TO THAT AMOUNT OF $6,530
FOR YOUR INFORMATION, THE BOX HAS LEFT WITH THE DIPLOMAT SINCE YESTERDAY BEEN 4TH THURSADY, HOPING TO REACH NETHERLAND ON SATURDAY,SO BE ALERT TO HEAR FROM THEM OR YOU CAN CONTACT HIM AS WELL ON EMAIL FOR YOU TO KNOW THE POSSITION OF THINGS.
PLEASE,WORK ACCORDING TO MY INSTRUSTION THIS TIME , TO AVOID MISTAKE, OK. BE PREPARING TOWARDS THE TRAVELING
BELOW IS THE CONTACT OF THERE OFFICE IN NETHERLAND.
UTILITY TRUST&DEPOSIT INC
SUITE D4 SCHIPHOL CLEARING HOUSE
AMSTERDAM-NEDERLANDS
PHONE:0031-645-570298
FAX:0031-20695-4166
CONSIGNMENT OFFICER:TOM WILLIAM
EMAIL:tomwilliams20032002@yahoo.com
THE NEAREST AIRPORT TO THERE IS SCHIPHOL AIRPORT
NOTE, THE NAME OF THE DIPLOMAT YOU WILL MEET AT AIRPORT IS MR.ALAN FOSTER
THANKS
BARRI. GEORGE MUOH

_

<span style='color:darkred'>I have just arrived in Texas and will be boarding Flight 46 within the next few hours. I will be meeting with Alan Foster between 12:30 and 1:00 pm tomorrow.

Thank you for the code.

George Sputnik</span>

At 07:04 AM 11/8/2004 -0800, you wrote:

ATTENTION: GEORGE,

I AM STILL WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU. THIS IS TO INFORM YOU THAT THE (SECRET KEY CODE OF THE BOX IS 000)

AWAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU

BARRI. GEORGE MUOH

<!--EDIT|Turbo-Torch
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099963944 -->

smile.gif

The sad thing is, there actually are some saps out there who fall for the scam. Pirates of the digital realm, I suppose, but the people who get sucked in are just... well... stupid!

Whats funny with the one that BUGSY wrote is first he is in a refugee camp and has access to the internet then he claims that he has all this money just to give away and then since he is a prince and his father dies that make him the KING but he still has to get permission from his mother to perform all the matters at hand. Someone with time on his hand needs to track this ####### (please forgive my language) down and burn him alive. Just like he is trying to burn any of us...

Back