Not all PoPo are bad !!!

mzrsq

Busaless
Donating Member
Registered
Left work, 64 degree's, bike hasn't been out in over a month, and our riding season is at it's end, so it was time to roll.  Nice ride, about 2 hours of ride time, dinner with a friend in the middle of the ride.  Anyways, coming home, residential area, 25 MPH speed limits, turn off the side street and onto my street, about 500 yards to my driveway with a 45 degree right turn about 75 yards before my driveway...........OK, no headlights, moderate throttle
rock.gif
, 1,2,3,break,2, ohshit...........

There's only one side street between me and my driveway, only about 8 houses on that street (dead-end), lights, blip, blip...........pull in my driveway.   He pulls in behind, asks for my license, asks what would cause me to do that in a residential area, I told him actually it was probably the last oportunity for the season, kinda jokingly.......asked if I had insurance.........YEP................and then the "You're lucky I'm already on overtime tonight and working on something else, so I don't have time to write this up tonight.  Lets put it away and not have this again"...........YES SIR, Thank you.

I had already started to decel, but when I seen the lights on the side street and him light up I glanced down and seen 75, so I'm just guessing that before the decel, 90-95 would not be out of the question.  I'm guessing he didn't actually radar me given the circumstances, but even the 75 in a 25 I seen after I saw his lights could of been very bad.

So 13 years of riding and finally got lit up for the first time tonight, lets hope for 13 more before the next one
smile.gif

I would not go so far as to saying "not all popo are bad" but rather, "most popo are power hungry and lazy"

Glad you got out of it...but dont park your bike until you cannot ride it no more.
cool.gif

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more dollar signs I keep seeing.  I can just see the speeding, wreckless op, insurance premiums...................I got real lucky, because god knows I deserved one.

<!--EDIT|mzrsq
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131080328 -->

Damn man 95mph in a residential area!!!!!!
wow.gif
They should have locked you up and impounded your bike. There are lots of places to open it up, but i don't think the neighborhood streets are the best choice.(Just my opinion) And the only thing more sad about the scenario above is that your local law enforcement doesn't do squat because he already has some writing to do and doesn't want to drag his a$$ out of the squad car.
wow.gif

Damn i am glad i don't live in your neighborhood.

wow.gif

Yeah I am guilty of stereotyping cops....I have met a few local PD that were cool though.

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131118034 -->

Damn man 95mph in a residential area!!!!!!  
wow.gif
 They should have locked you up and impounded your bike. There are lots of places to open it up, but i don't think the neighborhood streets are the best choice.(Just my opinion) And the only thing more sad about the scenario above is that your local law enforcement doesn't do squat because he already has some writing to do and doesn't want to drag his a$$ out of the squad car.
wow.gif

Damn i am glad i don't live in your neighborhood.
Yes, I'll agree, stupid crap like this shouldn't happen in residential areas, and I would have deserved any ticket, impounding, whatever could have or would have been dished out..................But that being said, as I stated, from the side street pulling out, I can actually see my driveway/house 500 yards down the road, there were no cars, and only one side street in a 25 MPH zone.  So most factors considered, other than the noise of the pipes buzzing at 9PM, there's really no harm being done.

Now all that being said, It still doesn't make it OK............and I just got really lucky.

wow.gif

Wow, that was one nice cop!
wow.gif
With luck like that did you run out and buy yourself a lottery ticket?

Back