Busa = Cop Magnet

awwww cruuud, i've only had my Busa for 7 months, havent got a ticket yet....YET!!!then again, i dont wear a helmet so i pretty much just putt. if i had all the riding gear, i'd be flying around here with Leos following me home every nite.

I was clocked at 167 by a state trooper on the interstate... didnt see him, my exit was 4 miles got off and was heading home seen blue lites comming in the distance I slowed down and waited for him which was a bad mistake, make a long story short I was charged with speeding 26 over wreckless driving and fleeing and evading.

The judge gave me 90 days in jail.

This was my first speeding ticket on my busa in 2 years.
167?  
eek2.gif
 90 days in jail - bummer.  The judge didn't buy your story about getting passed by a horse trailer?
The judge was an azzhole just like the trooper.

I've had the Busa for 7 months now and I'm up to my fourth encounter with the local LEO's. Tonight I get stopped right in front of my driveway. The wife loved that! Been lucky though, only one ticket so far. Blowing back into town the week before Christmas and I look over to see a cop sitting between two buildings. I'm thinking to myself "Damn, I've never seen a cop sitting there before". I ride right past looking straight at him and "wham" the lights come on. He's sitting just inside the speed limit sign where it drops from 35 to 25. I get nailed for 41 in a 25. Dumb ticket. Dumb - dumb - dumb.
banghead.gif
I know there are LEOs on this board and I respect them, but I tell you I hate it when cops pull stuff like this. Especially if you wouldn't have been pulled over for 41 in a 35
pissed.gif

I live next to I85 where the speed limit is 65. As you get close to the city (no buildings in sight yet) it drops to 55. On the Interstate. There is always a copy less than a mile from that small speed limit sign sitting on the side of the road.

And he's always busy handing out invitations.
boxing.gif

I can't believe you guys pull over on interstates.
Running ain't just real smart...

I have evaded in a car several times when I was younger and the officer wasn't in a good position to pursue i.e. going other direction on interstate and an exit was right in front of me...
whistling.gif

I've got a couple great stories about cat and mouse games with a wily old cop waiting 30 minutes in the right place...
laugh.gif

25-30 years later-
I have not and never will flee, i.e. try to outrun a police officer. Those guys have lives and families and don't deserve to be put at risk because I was having fun and didn't want to have to pay a fine.

Traps are just wrong. Gotta give some time to slow down. There is a time and a place for everything. That goes for speed enforcement too. I have actually ticketed a Superintendent of school in a school zone...during school... outside of one of his own schools. 45/20.
The "I didn't know" line and bad attitude wrote that one! The call to the Chief didn't help either.
cool.gif

Once you have been riding long enough, and matured enough you realize that running from law inforcement is never a good idea... You should care about your own personal safty at the very least .....

Been there, done that.. Here in NYC were NYPD Highway patrol is more than willing to chase with impounded race cars.. You should never believe that you can outrun the radio...
You may get away today, but the next time you could kill yourself or some one else...

Just my two cents... And believe me when I tell you after riding now more than 20 years I have done the dumbest of the dumb as a young man...

Once you have been riding long enough, and matured enough you realize that running from law inforcement is never a good idea... You should care about your own personal safty at the very least .....

Been there, done that.. Here in NYC were NYPD Highway patrol is more than willing to chase with impounded race cars.. You should never believe that you can outrun the radio...
You may get away today, but the next time you could kill yourself or some one else...

Just my two cents... And believe me when I tell you after riding now more than 20 years I have done the dumbest of the dumb as a young man...
+1
clap.gif

Don't they impound the bike now in FL if you are caught 'racing' or reckless?
Yep. That's why I don't stop on interstate highways. The last time I saw a FHP in the median, I was around 130. I don't know if he pulled out to pursue on not because the next time I looked I was north of 175. 2 exits later I jumped off and went through the woods.

Back