NOS systems......what is best?

Thor

Registered
I am looking to buy a Busa for spring 04, I want to put NOS on it.  Just for fun.  I don't think I'll need it much, but what the hell.  Anyone else have experience with NOS on a Busa?  Sound out what's the deal?

J

Go with NOS, or NX.
Dry kits are simple and pretty safe.
They cost $359 ar
SchnitzRacing.com
You can adjust 20,30, or 40 horsepower with a stock kit.
You should use a PowerCommander, or some sort of fuel management system to tune the bike, before using the nitrous.
A dry kit comes on smoooooth!
You will enjoy it!

Are there any Head or bottom end adjustments that need to be made to accomodate the increased cylinder pressure?

J

No, it's designed for a stock motor.
The bigger, "wet" kits may need some other mods, but the dry kit only needs a fuel enhancement device.
beerchug.gif

Cool, I'll have a look at them. What other mods to you recommend? I'm not out to kill myself, but I want to have a ton of fun, and looking cool too wouldn't kill me either. What about Exhaust? How does NOS affect the stock exhaust?

J

eyes.gif

Bout the best pipe out for making power is the HMF Big Bird or the BDE/Hindle GenIII
The BDE will cost ya about $890 with a Ti cannister.
The HMF will cost ya about $780 with aluminum can.
Bout $990 for BDE Carbon can, and bout $900 for HMF Carbon can.
Pipe will net between 10-20 HP after it's tuned with a PCII/III, or a Yosh EMS system.
Small airbox mod and a set of Yosh cams work real well together also.
In MY Opinion, the BEST Mod with nitrous is a shifter!!!
I use the Holeshot PowershifterII, with the added "barrell trigger.
An investment that you won't appreciate untill it's connected.
This thing ROCKS!

http://www.holeshot.com/

TJ & Sleeper,

Do either of you know if the stock fuel system is adequate to handle a 60 HP shot?? Also, do you have a web address for A&J Performance?

Back