NOOOOOOOBIE questions

Dola225

Registered
Alright guys... finally picked up my Busa it's an 04 purp/blk. I LOVE IT it is absolutly amazing and the best rush ever!!!! i picked her up with 840 miles on it.

Now... please do not make fun but I had some elementary questions for you all....

1. I am aware first gear can go up to 80-90.. Does this necessarily mean you shouldn't shift out of first untill then or is it safe t oshift as you would on a smaller bike? Where is the powerban on this bike? Just wanted some riding tips.

Also, I took some cracks at the throttle and got the front end up about 6 inches... I wanna get the thing up and ride it out any pointers fellas???

I appreciate all the feedback in advance.

Welcome to the oRg. I have not pushed my bike to point it quit making power, so not sure where the power band ends. You shift from first gear at any rpm, depends on your riding style and comfort. Why redline the bike in every gear in normal traffic? I dont pull the front end up on purpose so I cant help with that either, LOL. We would love some pics!
beerchug.gif

hello.gif
Welcome to the oRg........

First I'm not bashing you but you sound like a accident waiting to happen......
Why would you want to beat the crap out of your new machine like that. I guess I'm just old and am so over trying to do stupid stuff. Hope you enjoy the bike, good luck with it. Ride Safe........

NO don't get me wrong I'm a safe rider just wanted to get 'er up a little bit that's all. I'm not that ******* on the street everyone hates. I have been riding for a while now but nothing with this much power and I am not abusing it. Thanks for your concern though and I will stay safe

Alright guys... finally picked up my Busa it's an 04 purp/blk. I LOVE IT it is absolutly amazing and the best rush ever!!!! i picked her up with 840 miles on it.

Now... please do not make fun but I had some elementary questions for you all....

1. I am aware first gear can go up to 80-90.. Does this necessarily mean you shouldn't shift out of first untill then or is it safe t oshift as you would on a smaller bike? Where is the powerban on this bike? Just wanted some riding tips.

Also, I took some cracks at the throttle and got the front end up about 6 inches... I wanna get the thing up and ride it out any pointers fellas???

I appreciate all the feedback in advance.
My shift point depends on how fast I'm trying to come out of the blocks. The faster I'm trying to scoot the later I'll wait. I usually shift between 6 and 8 @ 25-35mph. Not law, just my preference.

My advice is to go easy on the wheelies. It's bad on your forks, front wheel, etc. But if you must, get up to about 10-15mph then hit it in 1st. You'll feel the sweet spot and it'll ride til you redline then ease back down. Again, I would lay off if I were you.
winkold.gif

I believe changing the rear sprocket to 42 teeth will give it a little more so you can get the wheel up. However it's a heavy bike. Watch how you bring her down. Want a wheelie bike should of went different IMO.

When to shift? Shift however you like. More you ride it the more of a grove you will find. Remember though "ragging" your ride gonna cost $$ sooner then natural wear and tear.

welcome to the org..
Power band?
rock.gif
guns.gif
This machine has no stickin power band !! IT's ALL POWER...ALL THE TIME !!!
jump9.gif
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

So really this thing doesn't have a powerban?
rock.gif
God I feel retarded asking these elementary questions haha

No real powerband to speak of...it pulls hard all over the rev range, in any gear, at any rpm.

I shift out of first as soon as I get moving, about 20-25 mph. First gear is useless for any real throttle on my bike, which is geared 3 up in the rear. Throttle in first equals wheelies all day long, which is what I DON'T want.

I shift depending on how I'm ridding. If my throttle position is say less than 75% then I'll shift later than if I launch and have 100% throttle. If I'm just loafing around with 30% or less throttle then I'll shift at a moderae rpm.

Unless your setup and at the track the front will likely power up on it's own if you're 100% throttle in first gear as it hits it's peak. This really depends on alot of factors including rider position.

So when shoul you shift... depends on the situation and what you're trying to achieve.
beerchug.gif

Welcome to the org

Welcome, PLEASE RIP AS FAST AS YOU CAN.....you should say screw it a go get ur self a turbo while ur at it. I'm sure EBAY would love to have your pieces/parts. At least you titled your post appropriately, NOOBIE.
lurk.gif

Really who asks if people just stay in first gear? Sounds like a complete newbie that's destine for the pavement.
argue.gif

he asked a specific question about when to shift out of first, and what the powerband range was on the Busa. what's so noob about that?

some of you guys needs to step down off your high horses and think back to when you first got a new bike. at least he asked the question first instead of finding out the hard way.

[grabs the fire extinguisher and blasts the flamers]

Honestly.. if someone has to ask when to shift out of first gear.. whether before 80 or not.. then they are a moron. I can't imagine the engine breaking at 80mph in first. Anything less than dry sticky pavement and your rear tire is going to near lock!

Shift points 3-4k when cruising when flying? seems to nose over around 10K or so...

my wheelies are only a side effect of 1st and 2nd gear... have never intentionally got her airborne for the above posted reasons... power wheelies are pretty soft compared to the slam bang of the forced wheelie...

Back