my first weekend with the busa...

TonyMastodon

Big Blue Burrito!
Registered
As you know, I picked up my bike on Friday and had my boss ride it back for me.

Well after 2 days (10+ hours of riding)... I must say... this bike is F-ING AMAZING!!!!! (i know i know, you already know this) but this is my first street bike and i think im set for life. Went on some amazing trips already with some great people (shout out to Jess, Colan, Kirk). I have to admit, i did stall it a handful of times on the first day!! :whistle:

1 question though... i bought the bike with 8545 miles on it...right now it has 8660... and ive filled up twice now, and i have to go fill up again in the morning (its on empty right now)... is that normal?

Nothing like that first few days !!!

That's only 115 miles, you should get that on 1 tank, and it shouldn't take you 10 hrs. to do it. You shore you got the mileage right ? I use to get around 45 mpg, when I was stock. I could get 50 mpg., but I had to be on the highway, and baby it. Now with a full exhaust I get aroung 42-45, but it drops the more fun I'm having.

Be safe, and have fun

you need to make sure your muffler bearing is in good shape that will give you bad mpg's if it's worn out :laugh::laugh:

something dont add up, i get 130 to the tank if i ride hard, if im cruising sensible im up round the 180-200 mark, :thumbsup:

How can you go only 115 miles (or kilos) in 10 hours or riding ?? Something is wrong with your odometer or you misread it.

Glad you enjoyed your ride man. Something does sound amiss in regards to the amount of miles you said you traveled, and the amount of times you have filled up in that time frame. I take it you are filling up when the "fuel light" comes on, or are you just going by the fuel gauge? I'm usually in the 170s-180s when my light wants to come on, and even then I can safely stretch it to 200 miles before filling up. Keep us posted.

D

I get about 150-180 miles per tank. Riding hwy at about 80-85 I get 38 mpg. That's on a stock bike with yoshi slip-ons. 115 is pretty dang low for a stock bike unless you're fillin up early. I can get about 40 more miles after the low fuel light comes on, so if you're fillin up when that comes on, that's why your mileage is off.

+1 on that

I filled the tank whenever it would hit red. (usually spent about 10 bucks in gas to fill it up)... most of the riding was back roads or freeway staying in 2nd or 5th gear (freeway).

Ill have to pay more attention. Ill fill up at 5700 and see what it takes to empty it.

oh and fuel isnt a problem. that is the LEAST of my concerns!!!

Back