NOOB wideband question

donkason

Registered
I have a 2009 and I'm planning on flashing the ECU. I have the interface and will download the software soon. After a lot of reading it looks like I need a wideband to effectively tune it. Here is my question; Can I just buy a wideband o2 sensor and splice it into the factory harness for the ecu to read directly or do I have to buy a data logger and integrate it with the ecu?

I'm a little fuzzy on how these components work in conjunction with each other and I want to make sure I purchase what I need.

I hate the "oh $h1% I forgot xyz and now I have to order parts and let my bike sit for another week in pieces" install.

Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device

I think after going over to the ECU hacking board I answered my own question with this.

how too install wideband sensor - ECU hacking

Wideband can splice into the factory o2 sensor and data logging takes place if I have a lap top in a backpack while riding around. I need a GM 3bar and an Innovative WB o2 setup to make this happen.

I just finished my trunk mod and through natural progression of baby steps it's time for the ECU next and a full Brocks exhaust whenever it gets here:laugh:

I've been looking at this forum for about a year now and you folks do some really amazing stuff that will make my riding experience much more entertaining.

Thanks for the bump.

A couple links in that thread. The 'Boost-by-Smith' product you will have no problems with.
He's a member here and I believe also a sponsor. Super guy.
After seeing the link to one of his products in the other thread I think you should send him a pm or contact him. He should be able to tell you exactly what with and how to accomplish your goal.

Back