No start/ sometimes start

Jstfknaround

Registered
I have a Gen1 and it's been highly modified... #1 it's an 03 gxr 600 frame
#2 they have stuffed an 06 busa 1300R engine in it
#3 the body has been pieced all together with all kinds of gxr fairings from different sized bikes
#4 it's been set up for the strait track with a power commander and all that comes with it for racing
#5 its been stretched 18"
I've done a lot of work to it since I bought it a year and a half ago. Now it won't start half the time and every now and then it'll fire right up.
It's been sittin for the winter and again it won't start... turns over rapidly and never seems to want to start. All the wires have been hacked up at some point in time b4 I bought it and I think I need a new main wire loom amongst a lot of other things for it but I just need it to run for now.... someone please help me diagnose what's wrong with it.

#3 the body has been pieced all together with all kinds of gxr fairings from different sized bikes
#4 it's been set up for the strait track with a power commander and all that comes with it for racing
I've done a lot of work to it since I bought it a year and a half ago. Now it won't start half the time and every now and then it'll fire right up.
It's been sittin for the winter and again it won't start... turns over rapidly and never seems to want to start. All the wires have been hacked up at some point in time b4 I bought it and I think I need a new main wire loom amongst a lot of other things for it but I just need it to run for now.... someone please help me diagnose what's wrong with it.

We must see a photo of this beast!

Back to basics. . .
Does it have compression?
Does it have fuel pressure?
Does it have spark at the plugs,
Is the battery in good fully charged condition?
It’s virtually impossible to diagnose the cause of the symptoms this engine has, over a forum such as this.
But checking all the basics that an engine needs to run, is the very first thing you have to do.
Are you mechanically literate?
Do you have a service manual for that year model engine?
If the wiring harness is as messed up as you described, just get another one asap and fit it to the bike.
If it’s all a bit much for you to tackle, why not take it to a reputable bike tech and get it diagnosed and fixed?
Let us know what happens, and post up pics!!

This guy is selling his harness, maybe it would be right for your bike?

Welcome to the org

Do you hear the fuel pump prime when it fails to start?
Does it have any other issues when it's running?
Yes the fuel pump is priming, and the only other issue is that it will randomly shut completely down like I hit the kill switch ersompin.

my plague on the gen1 has always been low voltage to the coils and injectors

Give them a SOLID 12v switched from a better source

Back