No start after dead battery...

Blacksmith

Registered
Hey gents I have a problem on my first day rebuilding Pashence. The key was left on a while back and totally killed my battery, charged it up the last couple days, slowly on 2 amp with a good charger. When I put it IB today and hit the key I get power to my gauges but the fuel pump doesn't come on and everything on the gauges are lit up. I tried to just bump the starter but nothing happens. Any help much appreciated boys I dont have a shop or even mechanic in town that deals with Suzuki

15776501674321596427519843339525.jpg

I always like to rule out the simple stuff, with that said is the engine kill switch engaged? I never shut my bike off by using it so I am not familiar if gauges cycle with it on or not.

Did you check the actual voltage on the battery?

Yes kill switch is on. And I've cycled it on and off several times. I have not checked the voltage I just pulled it off when the charged said it's fully charged

Idk if you can tell in the pic but the clock is all zeroed out as is the odometer. Also the horn, flashers, and blinkers don't work but when you toggle the "bright" light setting the blue light on the cluster does come on

Last edited:
Idk if you can tell in the pic but the clock is all zeroed out as is the odometer. Also the horn, flashers, and blinkers don't work but when you toggle the "bright" light setting the blue light on the cluster does come on
then i would guess the battery is toast. How old is the battery?

Do you have a portable battery pack/starter? Hook that thing on and start it while its attached.
Thats all I can think of.

then i would guess the battery is toast. How old is the battery?

Do you have a portable battery pack/starter? Hook that thing on and start it while its attached.
Thats all I can think of.
Idk how old it is I assume it's the original which would make it 10 years. I don't have a jump box buyer I've got good cables I can try

Is that pic of the gauges the way it is when you attempt to start the bike? You said it is in neutral, but the neutral light isn't showing. I'm in agreement that it could be a dead battery, but want to completely rule out the other options also.

No there's no corrosion bit it is the battery, I put cables on and she straightened right up. Odd that the charger says it's a good battery. Can yall tell me is this the original battery? Just curious.

20191229_173444.jpg

Back