No start after dead battery...

No there's no corrosion bit it is the battery, I put cables on and she straightened right up. Odd that the charger says it's a good battery. Can yall tell me is this the original battery? Just curious.

View attachment 1610361

“Straightened right up”? I don’t recall what my OEM battery was on my 06LE, probably a Yuasa. I’m on my third and I went lithium this time. The CCAs listed on yours seem a tad low. The cheapest one offered on the site I listed is 180. My new one is over 300 CCAs, the Scorpion Stinger.

Last edited:
Ok thanks, no telling how old it is then. I was planning to upgrade to a Zero Gravity but after Christmas, my dads Harley, and just getting the new fairings im a little tight for that. Maybe I'll go with a Shorai they're still lithium and a little lighter Judy not a Zero Gravity. Thanks for the replies and help guys

Yeah all the signals and horn worked, the odometer and clock worked and the gauges went through the needle sweep. None of that happened without the cables. She straightened up and started acting right lol
Did she start with the cables?

Did she start with the cables?
Oh no I wasn't trying to start yet I'm waiting on a new stator covet. I was just checking that everything was ok with my lights and gauges since im finally putting her back together now. I did bump the starter just to be sure and it did start to spin so I'll be ordering a new battery tomorrow. Mr Brown thanks I did not know that

what happens
if you put out the old batt
and connect the two cables - main + and main - to a car batt of e.g. 40 Ah (or more) by a bypass / bridging cable ?

i don´t remember so
did you check the
- sidestand switch
- clutch switch
they sometimes go crazy (by water inside and so on) and the busa don´t start

and why is the green light (neutral) not on ? or did you change it from green to white (left under the tank display)
at gen1´s it is green, how at gen2´s ? i don´t remeber this moment.

why shows your display an empty tank?

and if the main relais only makes klicking noise the batt is finally gone.

Back