no spark

edsmini

Registered
hi guys,

i am getting ready to start the engine for the first time. so today i got all the wiring sitting in place plugged everything in ----- engine turns over but there is no spark. i have removed number 1 spark plug and put the body of the plug to earth, turned the engine over but there is no spark.

the display on the speedo shows "check" but when i try to put it in dealer mode, it doesnt show any code? im thinking there maybe a major problem? if i were to replace the ecu with another secondhand one with the same part numbers, would it be a plug and play or will it require some tweeking on a computer?

many thanks guys :-)

Ed

would the engine still turn over if one of those were faulty?

kick stand switch is in closed position
clutch wire has been put to earth
speedo is showing that its in neutral
kill switch is in run position.

Ed

Sounds like a rail, but I was just thinking I typically see the check when I leave the kickstand down. I believe you're absolutely right. It wouldn't engage the starter. Experts will be along I'm not one.

ive got the battery on charge just now :-) hopefully it will spark with a full charge. is there a likely-hood that the ecu is faulty? and if so can a replacement be swapped without any problems (plug and play)?

Ed

Like i stated before, What is the battery voltage while you are cranking the bike?
Just because you charged the battery and it says it is fully charged does not mean that it is,, you could have a dead cell, and be under 12 volt at witch point the coils will NOT FIRE!
A Multimeter is needed to do the tests!

Is this a bike or are you retrofitting the busa motor to a car? I only ask because there have been a few recent post asking for advice with the conversion.

Also it sounds like an interlock. At least that is what it means if the dash reads check. My bike won't crank if the kickstand is down or the kill switch is on.
I wonder if the bike will still crank if the tip over sensor is canted, as in giving a false tip over signal. tip over sensor is on the right side of the bike near the rear master cylinder.

Is the FI light on dash lit?

yes the engine is fitted to a car :-)

f1 light not on at all.

i have siliconed the tip over sensor so it is centred in the sensor.
the engine still cranks with the kick stand connected or disconnected

i will try the voltage whilst cranking it over tomorrow morning to see what i am getting.

i will let you know what happens and we can go form there :-)

Cheers,

Ed

any other ideas from the electrical experts?
i think im going to have to buy another loom and ecu.

cheers,

Ed

i meant to say that i dont have the boost valve connected as i am waiting on it coming in the post. could that stop spark?

Ed

well today was a good day :-)

i went and bought another loom, fitted it to the engine and finally got spark :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

after comparing the 2 looms i noticed that on the new loom there was a jumper plug that is next to the dealer plug (small plug that you cross the wires to get the fault code) the small clear plug has 4 black wires that go into a clear plug.

this is a picture of the culprit. does anyone know what its for? there is certainly no spark with the jumper out

7CD6CBF9-3C4A-4B3E-B5FA-1100ABE3865A-1562-0000042B1EEDBBFF.jpg

B4F6304E-C9A1-44DA-91AE-D4129C50083F-1562-0000042B26EDA546.jpg

a real big thanks for your expert help once again guys. i hate pestering anyone for help :-(

Regards,

Ed

meant to say that i sprayed a small amount of fuel down the throttle bodies, and the engine fired up after being stood still for 5 years. i just need to get the rest of the wiring done for the headlights etc

Check the voltage while turning the bike over, if it drop below 12volts, the coils will not fire!
I have a gen 1 that gives one initial spark then nothing clutch kickstand are all jumped tip sensor is good any ideas what to check new battery bike sat for a few years new ecu new pump

Back