No Shift Kill from 5th to 6th gear?

Quicker Gixxer

Registered
I just did an ECU swap on my 2001 to take advantage of the 32 bit ECU / ECU editor features. When I swapped ECU's I also added Greg's shift harness, working with the Autoshift I had already been using....but now kill time is from the ECU rather than my PC3USB. The issue I'm having now is that there is no shift kill shifting from 5th to 6th only. The solenoid still pops and tries to shift...but no engine kill. Doesn't matter if it's the button or the autoshift..

One other bit of info that I'm not sure is relevant....the previous owner had folded and zip tied the GPS wires...and I was having problems shifting any gear (intermittent)...until I straightened them back out. Greg's harness is tied into those connectors now to signal the ECU, but since it's only 5th to 6th...I'm wondering if that could still be an issue. I haven't taken out the crimped sections yet, since all other gears are working....but I may have to in order to eliminate this as a possibility. I'm wondering if anyone else has ran into this...or if there's something in ECU editor I need to do to activate 5th to 6th engine kill?

Thanks..

I have one of Greg's QS on my Gen II so I don't know if things would be similar. When you shift 5 to 6 does the gear indicator show 1 for a split second? Another thought is there a TRE on the bike? Just stabbing in the dark here.

I have one of Greg's QS on my Gen II so I don't know if things would be similar. When you shift 5 to 6 does the gear indicator show 1 for a split second? Another thought is there a TRE on the bike? Just stabbing in the dark here.

This is a gen1...no gear indicator. And it did have a TRE on it...until I did the ecu swap. Greg's shifting harness plugs into the gps connectors that the TRE used to be plugged into. That's the way the ecu gets the signal to shift kill now. I wondered about that...but don't know enough to determine if it's relevant...or how to get around it if it is. And since the other gears work... I dunno

Back