Need a Bking owner who wants 5th and 6th gear de-restricted for free

smithabusa

Site Sponsor
Registered
I would like to flash your ecu free of charge and pay shipping back to you (you just cover shipping to me). I would like to flash it with ecu editor which petrik has just made available for the bking. I would need you to install and verify that you can go faster in 5th and 6th than you could before. I dont honestly know what rpm in 5th gear the limiter came in at before, so would rely on you for that if interested. If you have a dyno would make this a lot easier :)

Greg

Wow all those reads and no takers.

Hey Greg, if you need someone to test the hardware you have and try it on their own.....

I would like to have the restriction gone, I would not be able to test it until march or so, and I dont have a dyno.

So I will wait and see if anyone else that can actual ride there bike right now or has a dyno close.

Otherwise shoot me a pm and I will try and figure out how to take it off and send it to you

Ill offer a 20% discount on my ecu flasher for the first couple of bking owners if you want to get into flashing.

Currently you can tune fueling, turn off o2 sensor so no plug needed if aftermarket exhaust, bump up limiter, remove 5-6 gear restrictions, set timing to best gear map for better throttle response

Greg
Posted via Mobile Device

You might get someone to bite if you offer to lend or give the hardware needed it do it them selfs. the conditions would be they have to video everything and run the settings you want to see the affects of, and actually have it dyno'd.

I just purchased a King, but won't be able to ride till spring....no help, huh? I am in metro-Detroit, though. :beerchug:

I can't ride until snow melts but I'm interested. So are you wanting the ecm or just someone to flash it and report back. I have used your wiring on first gen busa and everything worked great:thumbsup:

wanting an interface? Sure i can do that. Eric picked one up and downloaded his stock map and is getting petrik to add it to the ecu editor program, should be very soon can flash the usa bin file to the bking. Have some interfaces in stock if you would like one.

Greg

After reading an article which states
“I was somewhat disappointed to find that the neck-snapping bursts of low-end power that I was so anticipating were missing apparently smoothed over by electronic babysitting systems. Now, don’t get me wrong, this thing hauls ass in a serious way (in fact it is un-Godly fast once the tach needle sweeps past 8K) but its lack of nastiness at lower rpm left me feeling somewhat unfulfilledâ€￾
I found myself feeling the same way, my question is will reflashing the ECU help with this unfulfilling feeling?

I can't say i agree with what you guys are saying. Ignition retard etc that happens in the lower gears is at very part throttle low rpm, reflashing the ecu the bike isn't going to turn into an animal. Lots of people who love TRE's spout off there bike is so much faster and pulls harder etc, sorry, wishful thinking in my opinion.

Now if you have something you need to tune, or want to derestrict 5th and 6th gear so you can go faster top speed etc, then yes an ecu flash is what you want :)

sorry not familiar with the bking to know what you are referring to, i would doubt that an ecu flash would fix it, but could try if you want as well as de-restrict 5th/6th gears

I bought Greg's harness, and used it to flash my B-King with Petrik's freeware.

I removed the 5th and 6th gear limitations. I can't verify any speed differences because I have neither the inclination nor the opportunity to ride that fast.

But I can say that this combination of flashing harness and software allowed me to remove the PAIR and EVAP cannister. This caused the bike to throw a code. Petrik's software removed the code after reflashing. This system is an elegant solution, and I can recommend it highly.

I can also say that Greg's harness is well-made, he provides prompt responses to questions, and he shipped it quickly. The cost is less than a Power Commander, and it has superior functionality. What's not to like?

Cap

Back