No mph how do i fix it?

02badbusa

Registered
I went to BMP last night and ran the 1/4 for the second time with my bike after getting a lot of practice in the 1/8 mile for the last 6 months.

First thing the bike has Yoshi race slip ons, no air filter (at the track), all short velocity stacks, extended, and a dry shot of NOS with no power commander yet.

The problem is I don't think I am getting the MPH that I should and what could be the problem?

The first run was motor only
60' - 1.656
1/8 - 6.594 @ 109.3
1/4 - 10.229 @ 134.04

second run was with the NOS with the .026 pill
60' - 1.497
1/8 - 6.117 @ 117.01
1/4 - 9.524 @ 142.83 and yes the .026 pill dropped my ET by 7 tenths. WOW

and I am getting to WOT pretty damn fast out of the hole because my NOS is on a WOT switch so I know when I am getting there.

What is your opinion?

<!--EDIT|02badbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149380487 -->

dunno wats up with yer mph, sounds pretty good to me...but u shud throw the filter back in-blowin up ur motor from dirt while runnin NOS can get messy. U wont gain much from runnin w/o a filter. Get yerself a BMC Race filter-I put one in and IMMEDIATELY noticed a difference, especially after 6k rpms!

I used to run 116 in the 1/8 and 142 in the 1/4 when my bike was Yosh full system and small box mod at 205 suited...

Your MPH seems very low - only guy i have seen close to that mph (136 in 1/4) was 280lbs NOT suited...

I am 230 suited up and I have a 16 tooth front sprocket and stock rear. What do you think the problem could be. Do I need to get it dyno tuned?

I went to BMP last night and ran the 1/4 for the second time with my bike after getting a lot of practice in the 1/8 mile for the last 6 months.

First thing the bike has Yoshi race slip ons, no air filter (at the track), all short velocity stacks, extended, and a dry shot of NOS with no power commander yet.

The problem is I don't think I am getting the MPH that I should and what could be the problem?

60' - 1.656
1/8 - 6.594 @ 109.3
1/4 - 10.229 @ 134.04

60' - 1.497
1/8 - 6.117 @ 117.01

and I am getting to WOT pretty damn fast out of the hole because my NOS is on a WOT switch so I know when I am getting there.

What is your opinion?
Hey man i was at BMP and the air was #### !! We talked a bit about your MPH and i think a good map will help you .. You are big guy and i'm sure that slows you a bit ..But the air was crappy and i'm sure that killed a few MPH...For just slip ons pipes plus your weight you where haulin butt... It was good talking to you and hope to see you again ....P/S i was riding a red zx14 ....

yeah the air will mess with your mph,but i noticed you were running stock gear in the back @ 230lbs you need to change your rear gear 1st, then try an get a pc with good map especially if your going to spray, you can pick some more mph on gas that way also. but i weigh 230 and i've been through alot of gearing.but what works for me might not work for you.but a different gear will help your 60' times especially on motor and that can help your mph. how long is your bike?  hope this helps you out.

<!--EDIT|busa crazy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149471124 -->

Busacrazy

What gearing are you running. I'm @ 230#s myself.

i used to run 16/44 @ 64" and usually get a 144 to 148 60' that was on my stock motor.it helped my 60' alot, us big guys need some gear to get us moving,lol.especially on a stocker.

hey 02badbusa ive seen alot worse 60',but you can always improve. it all depends on the length of your bike,weight and setup and how are you spraying the bike? is it controlled by the start button or progressive. but i still beleive you can cut a little better 60'on motor .a 1.49 on gas you could cut atleast mid 1.55 60'. but you should really think about regearing,especially stock motor.i went through the same stuff.but if you could tell me how the bike is setup i might be able to help you more.

The bike is 64", lowered to the middle hole in the rear and strapped. If that helps

Thanks for all the info!!

I will have a 44 tooth sprocket for the rear before the week is over and I will go from there.

hey 02badbusa,you'll like the gear it worked for me . also i was going to ask, does your bike have a clutch mod?

No clutch mod I think it has the stock clutch in it I bought it about a year ago with 2000 miles on it. Could the clutch be slipping in a higher gear causing my MPH to drop some?

oh yeah,thats probly part of the problem you and the bike weigh in around 750lbs and thats alot of stress on the stock clutch ,especially with the funny button and no clutch mod and heavier springs.

Ok I have put the rear sprocket on (44) and with the front sprocket (-1) and just slip ons I now think the bike is running what it should with my big ass on it. The bike is running consistent 6.40s with a 1.55 60' on all motor.

Just wanted to thank BUSA CRAZY for the good info!!

I still need to deal with the clutch and get a power commander but that will come in short time.

60' - 1.656
1/8 - 6.594 @ 109.3
1/4 - 10.229 @ 134.04

60' - 1.497
1/8 - 6.117 @ 117.01

What is your opinion?
Yea......your mph seems a bit low.
No nos, I'm rinning 9.50's @ 145

Friends w/ nos are running 150+

Back