nitrous ????

frisbee

GODSPEED RACING
Donating Member
Registered
What do I have to do to add nitrous to my bike ? Going to have the motor rebuilt in a year anyway but i'd like to get a small NOS kit for a little extra boost . Whats the best kit ?
race.gif

what are ur intentions? if its just to add and mess around with (aka not a track only bike) i would go with a NX kit over NOS. NX has better 'noids and their power #'s "shot" are real.. not off like NOS. id look for the basic 30 shot kit and go from there.. i am still looking at these engines and it looks like they could take a 50-80 shot without needing to do engine work.

I don't know jack about NOS but I want to go faster for racing i've went down in the front 1 tooth and up 2 in the back , and extended my arm 6" . Turbos are to much money and I just want to get some more horsepower . Thanks for any help !
cool.gif

oh yea , its not for just the track and where do I look for this NX kit ? Whats the diff. in wet and dry ?

www.nitrousexpress.com

u can go there and c how much they go for...  but look around town at different "speed shops".  i know a car in my car club here in az can get $800 basic NX kits for $500.
Okay first off these are bikes not CARS :roll:
forget cars speed shops and look at bike speed shops. get a dry from schintz
i do know the difference.. im just telling him to not buy directly from the site becuase local shops can get better "deals" then the main site.

And whats the diff between wet and dry ?
wet= 1 line is nitrous, 1 line is fuel, both go into the intake. this way when u press the pretty red button, u KNOW extra fuel is getting put into the engine/intake with the nitrous so it doesnt go BOOM. (btw, only way it goes BOOM is whe u run lean / dont have enough fuel getting dumped with the giggle gas)

dry= 1 line is nitrous. thats it. same concept. goes into the intake/engine. but with a dry, u have to up ur fuel pressure so more fuel is getting dumped in. this is a "quicker" setup, but unless u r going 2 use it alot, i woulnt do it (why run rich all the time)

imo, a wet setup is best. i have been running a 250 shot on my 406 camaro for 2 years now, no problem. granted, yes its a car.not a bike.. blah blah blah. but jest lettign u know nitrous IS safe.. as long as u dont run lean. start with a 25 shot and go from there.

Thanks I heard someone say they had a fogger . whats that ? does that spray into the airbox?

Hey I spend all my time on my bike
tounge.gif
( 28,000 miles ,29 states , on a Busa)

A DRY 30 shot can go straight into the motor without having to richen it.
Don't need to richen it until you go to the 40 shot.

I might have to wait on the nos . I got rear ended on Weds. so the bikes in the shop , don't know if they're going to total it or not . I will get another if they do .

Back