Nitrous Newb here.

ColdBusa

Take this Jerry, you silly little rodent
Donating Member
Registered
Hey everybody.

I just had my bike dyno tuned for the first time and it runs great. I was chatting with the boys at the shop here about getting my bike turbocharged. They didn't reccommend it because of how high we are in altitude and the wide temperature swings. So I was chatting with them about a nitrous kit.

They recommended a 45 shot wet kit from schnitz racing. It is going to be trigger activated with my pass switch, I was going to get a purge valve (just for show) and that was about it, oh yeah I am going to run multiple maps, for when I want to use it and when I have it disarmed. The shop really seems to know what they are doing because they have one of the fastest nitrous busas in canada.

Anyways, just wondering if there is anything else I should be looking into?? Thanks in advance.

Did you mean a dry shot ?

Clutch springs,slave support and a good chain will get you started.

Anyways, just wondering if there is anything else I should be looking into?? [/Quote]

Buying a second bottle!
biggrin.gif

Seriously, you will burn thru the 1lbs in no time. Check out MPS racing nitrous kits too very easy installs with their custom "plug and play" Busa harnesses.

www.mpsracing.com

45hp wet kit is not very big, I run a 60hp kit now while i get used to it then it is going to an 80 or 100 depending on the AF on the dyno.

Also look into a Progressive controller.  Schnitz has a 2dial or take a look at the one i got CFN-1114

It makes the "hit" more controllable for bigger shots.

Okay, nuther question for ya. What about shifting?? If I am going to be running a trigger shot, what do I do when I wan't to shift? Do I release the trigger at the same time as I am going to clutch?? What would happen if I didn't? Still learning lots on the subject, just a few things that I haven't found such as this. Like I said before, all I have had in the past for vehicles have only had superchargers and turbochargers. Thanks for the help.

Someone sells a kit that includes a nitros driven shifter with RPM shift windows you set. You drop the clutch off the line and the system does the rest.

Get a MPS autoshift box, it will do all the shifting for you all you have to do is hold on and keep pressing the button.

Back