Need some opinions...on Nitrous Kit

Hayabusa2005

Registered
I am considering putting Nitrous on my 2005 Hayabusa with 2500 miles. I already have a PC III for mods. I would like to run a single bottle mounted under hump with SS lines. I am considering a spraybar from Gix1300R (user) on here. For newbies without nitrous experience what kits, jets, etc would you recommend? I have seen some that Schnitz sells.

This is what I would like to achieve:

1. More HP (30-40 hp)
2. Be able to have the nitrous kit click in automatically at a certain RPM level

Now, do I need to run an extra controller? Still have a arm/disarm button?

Remember, I am a total Newbie to NOS so please have patience with the above questions.

I am considering putting Nitrous on my 2005 Hayabusa with 2500 miles. I already have a PC III for mods. I would like to run a single bottle mounted under hump with SS lines. I am considering a spraybar from Gix1300R (user) on here. For newbies without nitrous experience what kits, jets, etc would you recommend? I have seen some that Schnitz sells.

This is what I would like to achieve:

1. More HP (30-40 hp)
2. Be able to have the nitrous kit click in automatically at a certain RPM level

Now, do I need to run an extra controller? Still have a arm/disarm button?

Remember, I am a total Newbie to NOS so please have patience with the above questions.

2005 Busa
1. Spray a 50 shot with a progressive controller ( yes you will have an Arm and disarm switch)
2. Get a hub switch to store a Nitrous map when spraying
3. I have always liked the NX kits ( I think their solenoids are better)

2005 Busa
1. Spray a 50 shot with a progressive controller ( yes you will have an Arm and disarm switch)
2. Get a hub switch to store a Nitrous map when spraying
3. I have always liked the NX kits ( I think their solenoids are better)

What kind of hub switch? And what kind of progressive controller? I was looking at some controllers and they are near $400.00 - more than the nitrous kit itself!

if youre wanting all of those eletronic add ons get ready to spend some $$$.
but to answer youre ?'s
1. you can run 30-40 hp on your bike with no problems.
2. to get it to come on at a preset rpm you will need at least a window switch or some other eletronic control. i believe boostbysmith.com has one also.
you will need an extra controller.(for the rpm switch)
you will still need an arm/disarm switch or the solenoids will be opening everytime you hit the desired rpm
i dont know if that answers all of your ?'s but its a start.
if i were you i would decide how much $$ i had to spend and go form there. if $$ is no object than no problem.

otherwise just get a basic dry kit and arm it through your start switch.

You could also get Smithabusa's ECU flashing software and harness, and do everything through the ECU.:thumbsup:

You could also get Smithabusa's ECU flashing software and harness, and do everything through the ECU.:thumbsup:

Im my opinion........THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO FLY(spray) :thumbsup: You can do away with all the extra gadgets and gizmo's, cleaner set up without all the extra wiring, simple CLEANER(more accurate)signal to your sensors & injectors. AS SOON as this becomes available :please: for Gen2.........well you get the point! Good luck with your new adventure :beerchug:

So, if I buy an ECU flashing kit from Smith, I can do away with my Power Commander and not have to buy any nitrous controllers/switches?

you will still need an arming switch. btw boostbysmith sells the programming to reflash you ecu he doesnt not reflash your ecu for you. you need access to a laptop and probably need some decent knowledge about tuning to do anything with it. however if you can get it dynotuned by someone with the software from smith it is basically limitless. you can have 2 programs(1 for nitrous/1 without) all timing, fuel maps, window switches etc.
hope that helps.

Back