Nicky Haden is on Pole !

Guclu

TurkishRiders.Org
Donating Member
Registered
ImageShack Links Do Not Work

The Kentucky Kid came out fighting in the qualifying session at Phillip Island and took his first pole of the season this afternoon , giving him the early advantage for tomorrow's GMC Australian Grand Prix .

The fastest of a tightly-packed top three , Hayden clocked a time of 1'29.020 to put him ahead of a phenomenal Shinya Nakano and title rival Valentino Rossi .

Cool, glad to see Nicky getting back in the game. I was just reading that he has been truggling with grip on race tires though. Sounds like the guys who were quick on race tires are all starting further back. Hayden will have his hands full. I really want to see him beat Rossi here! Edwards and KRJR in the top five too, good start for the americans. The Suzukis are sucking Arse again however!

Nicky still is gonna have his hands full with Rossi and the Spaniard Pedrosa... I would'nt mind seeing Hayden take it, but with the way Rossi and Pedrosa have been racing there's no telling...

I posted another thread last night in random  
beerchug.gif

I think it'll be a Hayden-Rossi battle with a Nakano wild card.

If Nicky beats Vale head to head....   what a step towards clinching the title and some respect!

The other guys who have a faster race pace aren't likely to be a threat over a REAL race distance, except Nakano. Nicky may not have the fastest pace but neither does Rossi.

hope Hayden to beat Rossi , btw because of typing quite quickly I forgot the "y" letter at the topic title
sad.gif

I think it's will be between Rossi (my pick for winner) and Hayden. Mainly because the track is more like what Hayden rode here and is more comfortable on. Pedrosa isn't a tight, narrow track guy, BUT I  
SHOCKED.gif
could be wrong  
coffee.gif

Melandri is the WINNER !
Twenty six laps of action saw the first appearance of the new white flag wet weather rule , a Phillip Island finally seeing some of the predicted rainfall at the start of the MotoGP race . After a delayed start , Shinya Nakano stormed out of the blocks and commanded an early lead . Nicky Hayden dropped down to sixteenth after an atrocious start , although the World Championship leader would have a second chance to redeem himself .

Colin Edwards and Sete Gibernau could only watch as the Kawasaki rider put space between himself and the other riders . However , the Japanese rider was the last to come in upon the waving of a white flag , after the rest of the field had made their permitted change of bikes , and would come out with his advantage thrown out of the window .

After the restart , the race was turned completely on its head. Gibernau , Chris Vermeulen Carlos Checa and Nicky Hayden were the early beneficiaries , but a later gamble by Checa proved not to be so opportune as he crashed out after a second change . There was delight for Vermeulen at his home Grand Prix , as he took both his and Rizla Suzuki's first MotoGP podium with an awe-inspiring ride . Having seen mechanical problems rob the Australian of a rostrum place in America , there were plenty of anxious faces in the Suzuki garage as the last laps came round with Sete Gibernau hot on Vermeulen's heels
smile.gif

However , fans weren't to be denied a home rider on the podium as he guided his GSV- R home . The title fight between Nicky Hayden and Valentino Rossi saw the Italian gain another 5 points on his rival
sad.gif
when he made a last-gasp move on Gibernau to take third from his old adversary .

Official Race Results ,

3 Races left ,

calendrier_motegi.gif

September 24 , Japan / Motegi

calendrier_estoril.gif

October 15 , Portugal / Estoril

calendrier_valencia.gif

October 29 , Valencia / Ricardo Tormo

(Guclu @ Sep. 17 2006,01:37) Melandri is the WINNER !
Twenty six laps of action saw the first appearance of the new white flag wet weather rule , a Phillip Island finally seeing some of the predicted rainfall at the start of the MotoGP race . After a delayed start , Shinya Nakano stormed out of the blocks and commanded an early lead . Nicky Hayden dropped down to sixteenth after an atrocious start , although the World Championship leader would have a second chance to redeem himself .

Colin Edwards and Sete Gibernau could only watch as the Kawasaki rider put space between himself and the other riders . However , the Japanese rider was the last to come in upon the waving of a white flag , after the rest of the field had made their permitted change of bikes , and would come out with his advantage thrown out of the window .

After the restart , the race was turned completely on its head. Gibernau , Chris Vermeulen Carlos Checa and Nicky Hayden were the early beneficiaries , but a later gamble by Checa proved not to be so opportune as he crashed out after a second change . There was delight for Vermeulen at his home Grand Prix , as he took both his and Rizla Suzuki's first MotoGP podium with an awe-inspiring ride . Having seen mechanical problems rob the Australian of a rostrum place in America , there were plenty of anxious faces in the Suzuki garage as the last laps came round with Sete Gibernau hot on Vermeulen's heels
smile.gif

However , fans weren't to be denied a home rider on the podium as he guided his GSV- R home . The title fight between Nicky Hayden and Valentino Rossi saw the Italian gain another 5 points on his rival
sad.gif
when he made a last-gasp move on Gibernau to take third from his old adversary .

Official Race Results ,
Thanks for BLOWING it for anyone in the states who has not yet seen the race dosen't air until 4:00pm TODAY the 17th sunday this afternoon.What's the freakin point watching it now ,HEY THANKS AGAIN!!! for that great bit of USELESS information.
mad.gif

Dude!!!
rant.gif
Ever heard of the word spoiler? Then it would have been my fault if i ruined it! And telling me that the Kid didn't keep up! Double whammy!!! Admin needs to delete that B 4 it stinks up other's afternoon! Guess I'll just go put my stand on!

all_coholic.gif

argue.gif

beerchug.gif

I say we all shake our finger at him for doing that. And I am not talking the middle finger but shaking our pointing fingers at him. Might sound lame to some of you but being on the wrong end of a good finger shaking can be quite the harrowing experience.

pissed.gif

My bad...they did fly a white flag...which allowed riders to switch bikes during the race
wink.gif

If i were the kid! Riding around in some spots where they race! A Yank as they say has to have an uneasy feeling!! Got to be in your thoughts and that takes the edge away.
rock.gif

(8Daytona8 @ Sep. 17 2006,07:28) Dude!!!
rant.gif
Ever heard of the word spoiler? Then it would have been my fault if i ruined it! And telling me that the Kid didn't keep up! Double whammy!!! Admin needs to delete that B 4 it stinks up other's afternoon! Guess I'll just go put my stand on!
all_coholic.gif
argue.gif
beerchug.gif
Bro, do what I do, pretend you did not see the post... Remember, Guglu is in Turkey, so he may not have realized the time zones over here in the states, and trust me, you will not miss much watching the Speed Channel...

@Strait Line ,

... in this forum , such topics which we can include this one too , usually have spoilers inside ... If i were you i wouldn't click a topic called "Hayden Is On Pole" , because i would think there might be a spoiler inside .

@8Daytona8 ,

The server didn't let me to edit the topic title , that's why i couldn't change it , as i said above , such topics usually have spoilers ... I'm sure if i didn't post , somebody would ...

Rider and Team Standings ,

21 points - 3 races....
firedevil.gif

#2 in the points, #1 in our hearts!
Guys, I am a fan of the way he rides, if someone can unseat him, great - (Personally, I think Dani is gonna have a run like his in the near future!)
But to be the man, you have to beat the man. And so far, no one is all out outriding Vale.

Just my .02

Actually, I saw the results before I saw the race. Nearly didn't watch the race because I though it would be just Ho-Hum !! But it turned out to be a really good race. Don't know why Nicky went from 1st to 16th on the start, but his climb back and passing Val at one point to go into 4th was great. Also, as the race ended, Hayden had filed a complaint on Val for passing on a YELLOW  
wow.gif
. Haven't heard the results but it could change things, we'll just have to wait and  
SHOCKED.gif
 see  
beerchug.gif

Back